Chapter 51

Catarina's POVI was in class talking with Carla until Lucrecia cake towards us and handed us a red paper

Catarina's POV
I was in class talking with Carla until Lucrecia cake towards us and handed us a red paper."Reverse Valentine's?"Carla asks and Lucrecia nods."Thats right.Oh,please.Lets be honest.Its become a boring ,cheesy, and old-fashioned tradition.The flowers, the chocolates, the colors....and we girls the objectified.We spend hours at the salon to look good for the guys.All that's over now.I had this great idea that the roles should be reversed this time.The guys will be the ones who show some skin....and the girls will get dressed up in elegant tuxedos...penguin suits,if you will."Lucrecia says and I look at the invitation."Bring your own drinks?"Carla asks."Yes, darling.The roles are reversed.Guests bring their own drinks and food.And I, the hostess and queen of the night,will just enjoy myself.That way, we'll prevent lowlifes from thinking this is an NGO and taking stuff home"Lucrecia says and I sigh.Mateo comes towards me."Stop hogging her brother,she needs her own space"Carla says and Mateo rolls her eyes."I'm not hogging her I just need to talk to her" Mateo says and Carla nods."Whats up?"I ask."Since tomorrow in Valentine's Day after school I want to take you out then...I want to pick you up so we can come together to the party"Mateo says and I smile teasingly."Are you asking me to be your Valentine?"I ask and Mateo nods."So what do you say?"Mateo asks."No"I say jokingly and Carla burst out laughing and Mateo looks at me with wide eyes."W-what?" Mateo says and I laugh."I'm just kidding of course I'll be your Valentines"I say and he puts his hand on his heart."You almost gave me a heart attack"Mateo says and I high five Carla.

I was at Lucrecia's house eating dinner."The reverse valentines was actually a pretty good idea"I say and Lucrecia shrugs with a smile."What can I say,I come up with brilliant ideas"Lucrecia says."How's your studies going?"I ask and she nods while eating her food."Pretty good...I just...won't know what to do if I don't get that scholarship"Lucrecia says and I give her a smile."I mean Nadia is pretty smart but I know you'll get that scholarship"I say and she smiles.

I walk into school and see couples everywhere.Valentine's Day the day we celebrate love."Yuck"I say while seeing couple kiss beside my locker."Why so grumpy?"Mateo says teasingly while coming up behind me and I shrug."I got you something"Mateo says and I look at him."You didn't have to get me anything"I say and he shrugs.He gives me a bag and I open it to see a ring."it's beautiful"I say and I hug him.I turn around and open my locker just to see a bear and chocolates."What the hell"I say."Do you like them?" Mateo asks and I turn to look at him."When did you put these here?"I ask while putting my things in my locker and taking out my books."I came early for the first time to school"Mateo says and I hug him."Thank you Mateo...I love them"I say and he smiles.
We were in class and I was writing notes until we all hear a knock on the door.We all turn and see the principle."Excuse me.Rebeka,come out here for a moment,please."The principle says and walks out to wait in the hallway.Rebeka turns to look at Samuel and then stands up."Come with me"We all year the principle say since the door stayed open."Whatever you have to say,you can say it here."Rebeka says and we all look through the window."The parents association has made things difficult.The charges against your mom are serious,and the schools reputation is at risk."The principle says and my eyes widen."You're kicking my ass out,right?"Rebeka asks and we hear the principle sigh."We will offer you the chance to drop out voluntarily."The principle says and Rebeka scoffs."It won't go on your permanent record."The principle says."Damn,how thoughtful of you."Rebeka says."You just have to sign this document."The principle says and I see her give Rebeka a folder.Rebeka opens it and then gives it to the principle."No.Kick me out.Let the whole fucking school know."Rebeka says."What?"The principle asks."Let everyone and their mother know that when a rich kid's dad went to jail,he didn't get kicked out!" Rebeka screams.The principle tries to shush her."Don't shout"The principle says.We all see Samuel get up."Whats going on?"Samuel asks."Go back to class,Samuel"The principle says."Let fucking everyone know that I'm getting kicked out!"Rebeka says and I stand up with Guzman to go outside in the hallway."Calm down.Guzman!Cata!"The principle says."But if your moms fund a scholarship,you don't get expelled,even if you're a fucking murderer!" Rebeka says and Ander comes up on my side."Ander!"The principle says."You can't expel her"I say."it's voluntary."The principle says."I'm leaving too,then"Samuel says while standing next to Rebeka."What?"The principle asks."If she leaves,I leave"Samuel says."Me too"Guzman says."Me too"I say."And me"Ander says."Me too"Nadia says."Count me in too"Mateo says."And me too,okay?"Valerio says while running towards us and then looks around."Whats going on?"Valerio asks and Mateo slaps him in the head.More kids come out and the principle sighs."I'll try to talk to the board ,okay?" The principle says and we all look at Rebeka."Now go back to class,please."The principle says and we all go back to class slowly.

I arrive at the party with Mateo while holding two bottles of champagne."I don't even classify that as an outfit"Lucrecia says while looking at Mateo."Lu please,I wouldn't even get cought dead wearing a dress"Mateo says and Lucrecia looks at me."I tried to convince him"I say with a shrug."Well at least one of you followed my dress code"Lucrecia says while giving me a kiss on the cheek and walking away.I leave the bottles at the table and pour ourselves a drink.I give Mateo a glass and I smile."A drink for the lady"I say jokingly and Mateo rolls his eyes playfully."Ha ha ha"Mateo says sarcastically.All of a sudden Lucrecia comes towards me and pulls me away from Mateo which causes me to almost spill my drink.She drags me towards a room and locks it."What the fuck"Lucrecia says and I give her a confused face."What?"I ask."I just saw Omar and Nadia's boyfriend make out"Lucrecia says and I gasp."What the fuck"I say and Lucrecia nods."I know...should I tell Nadia?"Lucrecia asks and I shake my head."I don't know but that's going to really hurt her if she really likes him"I say.
___________________________________
What she's wearing for the party

___________________________________What she's wearing for the party