Chapter 42

Catarina's POVMateo and I enter the party and see everyone

Catarina's POV
Mateo and I enter the party and see everyone.Carla walks up to us and greets us."You two look amazing" Carla says with a smile and I smile back."Are you kidding me?Look at you.You look beautiful"I say and Mateo laughs."Don't get her to excited there"Mateo says."Mateo,dad is looking for you"Carla says and Mateo nods and kisses my cheek before he leaves. "What's with you two?"Carla asks and I shrug."We broke up so we are still friends"I say."With benefits" Carla says."Let's get a drink"I say and she nods.We both walk side by side until we both bump into Lucrecia."Lu....shit!Whats going on?"Carla asks. "You look like you've seen a ghost"I say and she looks around and grabs both of our hands leading us to a place that nobody was in.
"Cayetana is the daughter of a cleaner"Lucrecia says. Carla and I both look at each other and then back to Lucrecia."How could I not have figured this out?She has thousands of followers on Instagram!How could she....The Burberry she brought the other day was a dupe?"Lucrecia says."She must have bought them" Carla says."With what money?She's the fucking cleaners daughter.Fuck"Lucrecia says while laughing."Wait....what account are the guest donations being paid into?"I ask and Lucrecia and Carla look at me with wide eyes."Fuck my life.All these people are here because of me.Not because of her.I'll teach her what I'm capable of Fucking bitch"Lucrecia says but we hold her back."Listen to us.Don't"Carla says."Don't make a scene Lu"I say. "It'll be a scandal and not just for her.Calm down and wait till the party is over.Tomorrow you can discreetly see how people can get their money back. For now,you need to keep up appearances,okay?" Carla says.I see sadness in Lucrecia's eyes."I'd forgotten what it felt like to have you worry about me."Lucrecia says and Carla grabs both of our hands."Let's go"Carla says and we both walk away together but we stop when we see Samuel."Come on..You invited him?"Lucrecia asks."Me,Why?" Carla asks."We know what's going on between you guys"I say."Do you really this we are both naïve" Lucrecia says.Carla walks away and I look at Lucrecia."Go talk to Cayetana"I say and I walk away towards Mateo."How's everything going on?Are you enjoying the party?"I ask and Mateo smiles while handing me a drink."It's quite boring"Mateo says and I laugh.We both see Lucrecia getting the microphone and I sigh."Well we have front row tickets to the scandal"I say."Hello...Good evening. Well...uhmm...Thank you sincerely for being here tonight.Thank you for your kindness from the bottom of my heart.Its hard to believe that there are still good people in the world we can trust.And thank you especially to a wonderful woman....A generous and very special friend.Cayetana,please, let's give her a hand."Lucrecia says in the microphone and everyone claps."No,no,no.Thank you"Cayetana says.
"And a fucking liar."Lucrecia says and everyone gasps and Mateo looks at me and I shrug."Told you" I say."Does this NGO even exist?It must be as false as your stories about trips around the world...your house.Your friendship.Your Ralph Lauren dress.I don't know who you stole that from."Lucrecia says. "Lu,please"Cayetana says."And your followers on Instagram.Your whole life is a fucking lie.Yes, Cayetana is the daughter of a house cleaner."Lucrecia says and everyone starts murmuring."I really believed her.Well done. Unbelievable.It was all a big lie.Don't worry, she'll give you your money back.I'll make sure of that. Great night.I'm sick of it,sick of pretending.Putting on a fake smile all night long.Pretending that everything was all right.But nothing is all right. Especially with Guzman.We are not together anymore.Im sorry Laura.I really tried.But it didn't work out.It was to hard.Because your sweet boy cheated on me with a Bedouin girl."Lucrecia says and everyone starts murmuring again."Yes,he cheated on me.Can you believe it?I don't know how I do it,but I alway end up betrayed and disappointed by the very person that I have fully supported.Right,Carla?But I'm done.You are all mistaken if you think...you can take me for a fool and get away with it.Because that won't happen. So now I want to toast to this wonderful night.Ah!Carla is fucking Samuel.Cheers!"Lucrecia says and I clap.I walk towards Lucrecia and hug her and she smiles. "I'm proud of you"I say.
____________________________________