Chapter 47

Catarina's POVI was walking with Rebeka and Nadia when Rebeka stopped us

Catarina's POV
I was walking with Rebeka and Nadia when Rebeka stopped us."Jesus,check out that hunk.Damn to bad the new guy didn't end up in our class."Rebeka says and Lucrecia comes behind us.All of a sudden Cayetana stops in front of us."Him?He's not really new.Apparently,he was here on a scholarship about three years ago and had to leave.His name is Yeray." Cayetana says.Lucrecia and I turn to each other with our mouth open."No way"We both say."So he's free yeray"Lucrecia says making a hand motion."Fuck" Lucrecia says while laughing."Yes.Apparently they used to call him Free Yeray.Im not sure why." Cayetana says not knowing he was behind her."It's best if you forget about that kid.I sure have."Yeray says while giving us a wink.I walk off and see Guzman looking frustrated."Well we haven't even talked in what,years"I say and he looks at me."I'm sorry I've been really distracted"Guzman says while greeting me."Well stop getting distracted it's our senior year we shouldn't be stressing.Focus on your future Guzman.Im worried about you."I say and Guzman sighs."Everyone is....I can't focus on my future if my sister's murderer is on the lose" Guzman says."Guzman,trust me Polo is going to jail anytime soon...we just need the right evidence or for him to confess...because I'm sure Carla won't do it"I say and walk away.

"Yesterday,the school established a study program with Columbia University in New York that guarantees acceptance to that school.The program and tuition will be fully funded.Candidates will present individual academic projects by the end of the year, and the winner-"The principle says but gets cut off by Samuel."Who's funding this?"Samuel asks and the principle takes a deep breath."A generous sponsor.As I was saying-"The principle says but gets cut off by Samuel again."This happened yesterday? Because I saw Polo's mother in your office yesterday."Samuel says making me look at Polo.
It was the end of class and we were all huddled up."Look...if Polo's mom's publishing house wants to sponsor it,so what?You're always-"Cayetana says but gets cut off by Samuel."They've already bought you off.Not the rest of us."Samuel says."They don't need to buy us off.Polo was released."Nadia says making me frown."Wait...your agreeing to this"I say."Thank you"Cayetana says."You want to take the scholarship without feeling guilty,right?"Samuel says."If Nadia wants to apply for that scholarship,that's her business.Maybe we should all put this behind us." Guzman says."You're not serious."Samuel says."I believed you,but the court didn't.I believed you over my friend Polo my best friend since we were kids." Guzman says and I groan and get my books."I don't got time for this"I say and walk out.
___________________________________