Chapter 41

Catarina's POVI walked in the classroom and quickly go towards Mateo

Catarina's POV
I walked in the classroom and quickly go towards Mateo."Where have you been all this weekend?"I ask and Mateo sighs."Look I've been thinking and I don't think you want to be with me"Mateo says and I frown."What?Whats wrong?"I ask and he looks at me."Look me in the eyes and tell me you love me" Mateo says."Wait.What?Why are you acting like this"I ask and he shrugs."I'm just saying I don't want to be with someone who doesn't appreciate me"Mateo says and I roll my eyes."What the fuck is going on?"I ask and he shrugs."Nothing"He says and I notice he is wearing sunglasses and I take them off and see his eyes are red."Are you high?"I ask and he laughs."Great discovery"Mateo says."Oh go fuck yourself"I say and quickly go towards Lucrecia."And Catarina's parents donate so much money so her parents can help to"Lucrecia says and Cayetana smiles."Perfect"Cayetana says while clapping."I just need a break"I say while walking out of class.

I'm currently in my bath tub looking at nothing.what the fuck was Mateo's problem.What caused him to act towards me that way.I miss Leo I wish he was here with me.I start slowly going down the water and just stare at nothing till my oxygen cuts out.All of a sudden I hear a knock on my door and I go back up. "Cata are you ok in there?"Mom asks and I wipe my face."Yeah I'm fine"I say while looking at the door."Can I come in?"Mom asks and I sigh wanting to be alone."I'm kind of naked here"I say."Honey I birthed you"Mom says."I just need to be alone right now and have some time alone.When I come out we can talk."I say and I hear her sigh."Ok"Mom says and I hear her walk away.I stand up from the tub and get my towel to dry off.I get my robe and tie it and look at myself in the mirror.I open a little can I had and see pills."Why are these suddenly haunting me"I say to myself.I take one and put it in my mouth."It's just one"I say to myself.

I show up late with my sunglasses on to school.I giggle when I start seeing colors."What's so funny?" I hear someone say.That sounded like Lucrecia but it looks like a teletubbie."Nothing"I say trying to contain my laughter.I stumble while trying to walk away and then bump into someone which makes me fall making me giggle."Cata,are you ok?"Valerie asks. "I'm fine.Im prefect.Im amazing."I say while getting up and kissing him."This isn't like you"Valerio says while looking at me trying to see behind my sunglasses."Well you clearly don't know how I am" I say while walking away.I enter class and immediately go to my table.I almost fall from the chair and I giggle."Can we talk?"Mateo says."You look really good in green"I say with a giggle and he looks at me confused."I'm not wearing green?"He says and I start laughing making people look at us. "Are you on something?"Mateo says trying to take my glasses away but I push his hand away."First of all I'm not on something this is who I am and second of all why do you care you broke up with me asshole so your right to care is gone"I say while shrugging but Mateo grabs my hand and pulls me out of the classroom and into the storage room."Why are we in here"I ask.Mateo turns on the light and grabs the sunglasses off of my face and looks at my eyes."Your eyes are dilated.Cata what did you take?I thought you were sober!-"He starts to say but I cut him off. "I don't need someone who uses drugs to tell me to stop using them"I say trying to get the sunglasses back."Do you remember what happened?Do you want that to happen again?"Mateo says and I look down."I'm just so fucking tired"I say while sliding down to the floor."Look I'll make you a deal I stop using them if you stop again"Mateo says and I slowly nod."Im driving you after school ok?"Mateo says and I nod.Mateo hugs me.

Mateo and I go to my room and I sit down in my bed."You should go and get ready for the event"I say and he shakes his head.Mateo goes to my bathroom and goes through every cabinate.Mateo finds the pills and then flushes them down the toilet."Is there any more?"Mateo asks and i nod and point at the closet."It's on the little small drawer on the right"I say and he comes out with pills and does the same thing."There no more pills"Mateo says and I look down."Come on you have to get ready I'll pick you up when you're done"Mateo says and I nod.
I slowly smooth down my dress and then hear a knock on my door and my dad comes in."Hey honey I just wanted to say that Mateo is down stairs and wow you look beautiful"Dad says and I smile and kiss him on the cheek."I love you dad"I say and he smiles."I love you too,honey"Dad says and I grab my purse and my phone.I walk down and see Mateo with mom.I greet Mateo and give Mom a kiss on the cheek."I'll see you both over there,I love y'all"I say and they both nod while I walk away with Mateo. "You look amazing"Mateo says and I smile."Well you don't look to bad yourself"I say and we drive off.
____________________________________
Her gown

____________________________________Her gown