Ch.25 Every Word

Chapter 25

"You are to be a regular part of this pack. All rules must apply to you. No exception." Frank Voss, the Alpha of Juniper's pack and Manya's brother, said slowly and clearly as he sat across from Mavi at the Radacovick dinner table.

Mavi took a deep breath, "And you spoke to my father?"

"No," Frank shook his head. "These are your brother's wishes. Your parents are letting your brother deal with this situation."

"I'm not a situation," Mavi rolled her eyes.

Frank didn't answer her. His eyes moved to Owen who sat next to him deep in through. Shortly after Mavi's outburst in the kitchen, Alec had arrived home. He said he was given orders to keep an eye on Mavi in case any travelers passed through Juniper. Exton had also called Owen to tell him Mavi would be his responsibility until further notice and as her Beta he needed to keep her out of trouble.

"What does he think he's doing?" Mavi demanded. "I can not believe he got mom and dad to agree to this stupid intervention. I hate him. I don't want to be here, I want to go home."

"Mavi," Manya frowned, seeing the girl's discomfort. "I'm sure it's only for a little bit. Think of it like a vacation."

"I don't want to be on vacation," Mavi sighed. She dropped her head onto the empty table in front of her. She could feel Owen watching her and it made her irritation grow. Technically, all this was his fault. If he hadn't left, she wouldn't have acted out and gotten kicked out of her family.

But no matter how hard she tried to make him the bad guy, she knew he wasn't. His hands were forced. But that still didn't mean she had to stop being angry with him. She was hurt and in pain and she wanted to make him feel it all too.

With another sigh, Mavi got up from the table, "I'll be crying in my room if anyone needs me."

Everyone as the table watched as Mavi sulked upstairs. When they heard her footsteps disappear at the top of the staircase, Frank turned to Owen.

"She certainly has the temper of a dragon," he said.

Owen chuckled, "Oh, you have no idea."

"Please," Alec rolled his eyes. "You haven't seen anything. After you left, it was like she was on a mission to take down everyone and everything in sight. She beat the crap out of Jammie and Beck everyday during training..... She's vicious." Alec whispered the last part as he laughed.

Owen shook his head as his shoulders moved with laughter. He rubbed his jaw as thought of stormy gray eyes danced across his vision.

"I don't get it," Frank looked from Owen to Alec. "Why is she so attached to Owen?"

Alec turned his head to his older brother, "Yeah, Owen. Do tell us how you charmed the princess."

Owen rolled his eyes, "It's nothing." He lied. "It's just a crush."

"Yara had a crush on you in school," Frank pointed out. "I don't remember her like that."

Owen grew uncomfortable. He didn't want to tell anyone what Mavi had confessed to him in her drunken states.

What they had was way more than just a crush. It was also dangerous. One of them, if not both of them, was bound to get their hearts broken when the mate entered the picture. Owen felt his mood sour at the thought.

Across the table, Manya watched her son. Her eyes were laced with worry.

"Enough of this," she said getting up from the table. "Frank, come help me with dinner. Owen, go get a bottle of wine from the cellar and Alec, go call Mavi down."