CH.33 Father of the Bride

Chapter 33

Mavi sat cross legged on Owen's bed as she watched him get ready to go out Xavier.

"Are you nervous?" she asked as he sat down next to her and tied his boots.

"No," Owen shook his head.

Mavi smirked, "Well you should be. Dad is very competitive. But stand up to him, don't let him bully you."

"I'll see what I can do princess," Owen looked over at her and smiled. His eyes lingered on her a few seconds longer before he surprised her by tackling her to the bed and kissing her passionately. Mavi immediately wrapped her legs around him as she giggled and kissed him back.

"My dad is right down the hall," Mavi reminded him when he began to leave kisses down her jaw and neck.

"Then you better stay extra quiet," Owen teased her.

"Owen!" Mavi pushed at his chest. "He hates waiting on people."

"I have more important things to do," Owen smirked, still teasing her with kisses.

"Really?" Mavi played innocent. "Like what?"

She felt Owen's wide smile as he came back to her lips and his hands moved to the button of her jeans.

"I will never have enough of you," Owen murmured against her lips.

"Baby," Mavi said breathlessly. "Stop.....please."

Owen paused his hands and pulled back. He looked down at Mavi with a mischievous spark in his eyes, "What did you call me?"

Mavi blushed and tried to hide her face in his arms, but Owen turned her to face him, "You drive me insane, Mr. Dorin."

"You should really head down before dad comes in here and drags you off me," Mavi laughed.

"Ugh," Owen rolled his eyes as he climbed off of Mavi. she sat up slowly and took his hand when he held it up for her. Together they walked downstairs and found Xavier already waiting at the door.

As soon as Xavier's eyes landed on the new couple, he looked down at his watch, "You're late, Radacovick."

"It - it was my fault," Mavi jumped in. "I.....I lost an earring....."

Xavier had lived long enough to not believe a word of what his daughter had just said. But for her sake, he decided to not call her out on it.

"Let's go," he said to Owen. "We're burning daylight."

"Yes, sir." Owen said as he took a step forward. Before he followed Xavier out through the doors, he placed a kiss on Mavi's forehead and took a deep breath of her scent. Xavier watched them from the doorway as his eyes connected with Mavi.

Daddy, please bring him back in once piece.....I will never forgive you if anything happens to him.

Xavier rolled his eyes, If the boy can't take care of himself, how will he take care of you?

Dad!

Alright! Xavier mumbled. I won't go crazy.

Thank you, and I love you.

_______________________

Once Xavier and Owen shifted into their wolves, they ran deeper and deeper into the thick wood of the Main. From the corner of his eyes, Xavier watched Owen. He knew Owen was physically and mentally fit for anything he would throw his way. The boy had graduated top of his class during King's Guards training. If Xavier hadn't trained Exton himself, he knew Owen would have beat his record.