CH.45 All dressed in White

Chapter 45

Alec fidgeted with his collar for the third time in the last five minutes and complained about it being too tight. Owen, who stood beside him, rolled his eyes and bumped his brother with his leg.

"Stay still," He told Alec.

"I'm trying," Alec hissed back, still tugging at the collar.

Shaking his head, Owen took a long deep breath and pushed his shoulders back. The warm church air lingered with the scent of roses and strawberries. The hundreds of people seated in the wooden benches in front of them had their waiting eyes glued on him as they fanned themselves with their pretty hand fans.

"Are you nervous?" Alec asked leaning over.

"Of course," Owen said under his breath.

Alec opened his mouth to saying something, but just then, the large double wooden doors to the church were pushed open. A cool breeze rushed through the whole place, calming all the murmurs. A hush fell over the church like a silk blanket. Not even the flowers dared to breath.

A figure, dressed in all white, appeared by the door. Owen looked around as everyone stood up and turned to the bride. He chuckled at how hard Alec's heart was beating.

The piano started to play a soft tune as the bride began to float down the aisle. Her dress moved like the cool breeze through the church. As she passed, keeping her veiled face down, people shed tears at how beautiful she looked.

She was breathtaking.....

Owen felt himself smile as she neared the altar. He looked to Alec and patted his shoulder.

"Go get your girl," Owen said gleefully.

Alec took a deep breath and stepped down from the altar. A nervous smile played on his lips as he held out his hand and the bride placed her delicate hands in his. As if her touch had cured all his anxiety, Alec sighed a breath of relief and his bride to the altar.

The crowd settled back down into their seats as Owen watched Alec lift the veil.

The stormy gray eyes that opened beneath the thin white material stopped Owen's heart.

"Mavi?" Owen whispered as his heart began to twist.

Mavi looked at him over Alec shoulder and gave him a small smile.

"What are you doing?" Owen asked, shocked and alarmed.

Alec turned around in confusion and looked at his brother.

"What's wrong?" He whispered.

"That's my girl," Owen's brows furrowed. He didn't understand why they were acting so normal.

The collective gasp rose from the crowd as everyone heard Owen's words.

"Owen," Mavi said with her eyes wide. "What are you talking about?"

"She's my mate," Alec said, taking a possessive step forward and shielding Mavi.

"No the hell she's not!" Owen took a step forward and grabbed Mavi's hand away from Alec.

"Owen, stop it!" Mavi snatched her hand back. "Don't do this right now."

"Mavi," Owen said, breathless. "What is this?"

"I'm getting married.....Isn't it obvious?"

"To Alec?" Owen asked in disbelief. "Why?"

"Because he's my mate!" Mavi said in frustration.