CH.63 Itty Bitty Jars

Chapter 63

"No." Gemma shook her head furiously as Mavi began to weep.

Owen's wolf walked towards Mavi at the same time as Heyder pulled her into his arms.

"Get away from me!" Mavi yelled. "This is all your fault! Why did you have to use the dagger?"

"I was trying to protect you," Heyder's eyes darkened as he grew angry. Mavi heard the terrifying grow of Owen's gray wolf as the jinn's voice rose.

We don't have time for this right now, Exton's wolf said. The dimensions are converging. We need to close them now or who knows what else will spill through.

"We need to do the binding spell," Mavi sobbed. "You can't leave us."

Piglet, the large black wolf walked over to the princess. Mavi sank to the floor as Exton nudged her with his wet cold nose. Look at me.

Mavi shook her head stubbornly.

I'm gonna need you to take care of Gemma for me, okay?

"No." Mavi said.

Tell Maya and Adeline that I love them.

"No, no."

When you are queen, make sure you give the council a hell of a time, okay?

"Stop, please." Mavi covered her ears with her hand as she shook her head. "Gemma, make him stop."

Gemma couldn't speak. Her heart began to hurt as she felt her body start to weaken from the stress. Adam caught her and sat her down on one of the throne steps cautiously. She watched with her ocean blue eyes as the black wolf made its way over to her.

Angel...

"Don't you dare," Gemma said through her teeth. "Don't you dare come here to say goodbye."

Baby, I love you so much.

Gemma turned her head away and hid her face in Adam's shoulder.

You are the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I...I was so lost and angry before you came along. You set my skies on fire and held my hand as I grew into the roles you needed me to be in. I am nothing without you....

"There has to be another way," Gemma's voice broke as she covered her mouth and sobbed. "I can't....I can't let you go."

Gemma, look at me. Let me see you before I go.....

"Stop it!"

As Mavi watched her brother and his mate, her tears began to dry up. There was no more strength left in her as her heart began to turn numb. She felt Heyder kneel beside her and pull her into his arms. But all he was holding was a shell. Mavi's mind was somewhere far far away.....

We can still do the spell, Owen's wolf suddenly said.

"What?" Gemma's eyes napped up.

It's possible.....we can still do it.

"How?"

"What's going on?" Adam asked as his eyes bounced from Gemma to Owen. "Someone fill me in."

We need a blessing, right? Owen's heart began to pound as his mind connected the dots. We have a bigger blessing then the dagger....Mavi.

"What?"

What? Exton and Gemma asked at the same time.

They watched as Owen's wolf turned to Mavi and licked the tears on her face. Mavi is blessed by the faiths....she's a shifter. They are the most blessed beings.