Ch.29 Spilled Tea

Chapter 29

"Oh I am never doing that again!" Mavi shrieked as she rummaged through the pile of clothes she left at the bottom of a tree.

Owen stood watch with his back facing her as she shifted and changed clothes. He pulled his jacket on and urged Mavi to hurry before she caught a cold from standing outside naked for too long.

"I still taste smoke in my mouth!" Mavi complained. "It's disgusting! My throat feels so sore! Oh my GOD! I can't believe I did that!"

"Would you hurry up!" Owen snapped.

Mavi paused just long enough to throw a snowball at the back of his head. "This is all your fault! If You hadn't been so mean to me, I would have never done that."

"Mean?" Owen demanded. "I was not being mean, calm down."

Mavi huffed as she pulled her clothes on in record time. Once she was dressed she stepped in front of Owen and stood with her hands on her hips.

"He can have your crazy ass," She reminded him of his words as he looked down at her.

"I stand by my words," Owen said calmly. He stood his ground and challenged Mavi.

Mavi held his gaze and took a step closer, "You do realize I almost just barbecue you, right?"

Owen gave her no reaction, which he knew would infuriate her, "Part of the job."

Mavi took a deep breath and shut her eyes, "You are the most frustrating man I have ever met. How can you tell me you love me and then just act like there is nothing between us?"

Owen stayed calm as he stared at her face. He didn't have an answer for her. The truth was, it was becoming increasingly hard to be around her and not let his feelings show. With a sigh, he took a step around her and headed for the trail.

"Let's go," He said. "It's gonna get dark soon."

"You are a coward, Owen Radacovick," Mavi called from behind him.

"Okay," Owen said as he continued to walk without turning around to look at her.

"You know what? I am soooo happy you gave up your mate," Mavi was on a roll. "You saved some poor girl a major headache."

"I'm sure I did," Owen said.

Mavi stormed after him in anger because he wasn't stopping and if she waited any longer she would be lost.

"You would make a terrible mate!" Mavi continued once she caught up to him. "Right now, I am so excited to meet my mate! At least he won't be a stone, cold hearted statue like you! You, Owen Radacovick, you could never-"

Suddenly, Owen whirled around and Mavi in his arms before she slammed into him. He gripped her arms rightly as he lowered his head to look into those stormy eyes.

"You keep running that mouth of yours and watch what happens," He said to her as her eyes widened.

"Are....are you threatening me?" Mavi narrowed her eyes at the man. Her pulse quickened when she saw the slow smirk flash across Owen's lips.

"It's not a threat, princess," Owen's smile deepened. "It's a promise."

Mavi pressed her lips tightly into a thin line and wiggled out of his grasp. Owen let go of her as she took a step back and adjusted her jacket.

"Now can we go home, drama queen?" Owen asked.

Mavi glared at him before stomping off ahead.

"You're going the wrong way," Owen called after her. He chuckled to himself as he jogged up to meet her.