CH.65 Time Stands Still

Chapter 65

Three years later

Mavi stood in front of the bathroom mirror as the spring birds sang loudly outside. Her feet felt as if they had been frozen for centuries. Her hands shook and her stomach turned as she waited for the minutes and seconds to pass.

She didn't have much time. Owen would be home any minute and she needed to finish before he arrived. With weak knees, she walked into their bedroom and paced the floor.

Gemma, Mavi opened her link. I'm so scared.....

You are fine, Mavi. Gemma said. Just breath..... You'll stress Owen out.

You're right, Mavi nodded. You're right.

Go look, Gemma urged her.

I can't....

Mavi!

I can't look.

Mavi, babe. Please look. And let me know. Maya is driving me insane....I have to go, I'm so sorry.

No, Gem!

But it was too late. Mavi's shoulders dropped as she felt Gemma's link close. With a pounding heart she crept back into the bathroom and peaked at the stick on the sink.

When she saw the two solid lines, she could barely contain her excitement. She let out a scream as she began to dance around the room.

"Mavi!" Owen's voice called from downstairs.

Bless this man and his perfect timing, Mavi though as she ran down the stairs.

Owen was at the foot of the stairs when he saw his wife running down towards him. He caught her in his arms at once as she flew into him.

"Baby," Mavi said breathlessly. "We're having a baby!"

"What?" Owen asked as he spun her off the stairs. He sat her down on her feet in front of him and looked into her eyes.

"We're having a baby!" Mavi wiggled with excitement as she held up the pregnancy test.

Owen stared at the double lines in amazement. They had been trying for ages....it was finally happening.

"Say something!" Mavi laughed at her husband's shocked expression.

"We're having a baby," Owen echoed Mavi's words. "We're having a baby!"

_____________________________

Four years later

"Mom!" Maksim yelled as the little baby started to scrunch up her tiny nose and turn red. "Clare is waking up!"

"Shhhh," Mavi walked into the nursery. "Baby, you will scare her."

"I'm sorry," Maksim said from where he was standing looking into his sister's crib. "I think she's hungry."

"I think she is," Mavi laughed as she picked up her daughter into her arms. "And what about you my little prince?"

"I want to stay with Clare."

"Daddy is waiting downstairs for you," Mavi moved his dark hair out of his little face and combed it back neatly. "You have a playdate with Margo, remember?"

"Will Maya and Adelia be there?" The little boy asked.

"No, my love." Mavi frowned. "Uncle Eggs took them camping this weekend, remember?"