CH.60 Hello, trouble

Chapter 60

"Here is the diamond blade you ordered, angel." Exton sat the blade down in front of Gemma and kissed her forehead. "Fresh from the vault."

"Thank you, baby." Gemma pulled him back for a longer kiss as she beamed with happiness and the pregnancy glow.

Mavi sat still on her stool as she stared at her brother and his mate. Her eyes flickered to Owen by the door who wore no expression. His arms were folded across his chest as he kept his eyes glued forward, staring at nothing in particular.

Princess? Heyder's voice rang out in Mavi's head, pulling her out of her daze. You okay?

Mavi's chest began to ache as her throat closed up. She looked over at Heyder and nodded her head.

"Okay, Heyder," Adam called to the jinn. "What's the first step?"

"Must I tell you everything?" Heyder rolled his eyes as he pushed off the table and walked over to Adam and Gemma.

"We have all the materials," Gemma told Exton as Heyder examined the goods in front of them. "We should be able to do the spell today."

Heyder's eyes dragged up to Gemma as he slowly picked up the ribbon and wrapped it around his hands.

"Will that do?" Adam asked, watching him.

"Yes," Heyder nodded. He moved onto the diamond blade next.

"I'll call the Vikings," Exton shook a hand through his dark curls. "If we finish the spell today, then we can close the timelines off by tomorrow."

Gemma nodded just as Heyder spoke up.

"Wow," he chuckled. "You all really don't know much about a binding spell, do you?"

Adam and Gemma stared at him with sorrow filled eyes, wondering what they had missed now.

"The ribbon needs to soak in the elf blood and the holy water for at least two to three days." Heyder picked up the materials and flung them to Adam. "It's binding spell 101, come on people."

"Why do I keep missing stuff?" Gemma groaned as she began to flip through the books. "I swear I read all the books.....why do I keep missing it!"

"Baby," Exton took the book out of her hand and gave it to Adam. "It's okay....you're stressing yourself out. You have a lot on your plate."

"I read those books, Exton," Gemma said with a deep frown on her lips.

"I know, I know, angel."

"Pregnancy brain," Heyder said as he picked at his nails. "Don't be so hard on yourself."

Adam mirrored the frown on Gemma's face and peered at the materials on the table. He had read the books with Gemma....how had he missed that.

"How about you tell us all the steps now instead of breaking the news to us one at a time," he said to Heyder with a heavy sigh.

"This is the last step," Heyder shrugged.

"Okay," Gemma rubbed the bridge of her nose. "Adam, take the ribbon and the blood to the temple, tell the shaman you need holy water."

"Alright," Adam nodded as he gathered the materials.

"I'll come with you," Owen's voice made Mavi's spine tingle. It was the first time he had spoken since he had entered the room. Mavi bit down on her lip to keep herself from turning around and rushing into his arms. She sat painfully still as she listened to his footsteps disappear down the hall along with Adam's.