CH.54 Cupcakes

Chapter 54

Mavi laid back against Owen's chest as he stroked her bare arms playfully. She held his other hand as she moved her hair over to one side to give him a better position to kiss her mark.

"Will you think about it?" Owen asked after a long silence. He waited for Mavi to answer as he felt her take a deep breath. Owen knew Mavi was stubborn, but he also knew she was practical and realistic.

"I will think about it," Mavi said quietly after a while. When she heard Owen chuckle, she turned her head to look at him, "What?"

"Is this how your reign will be?"

"What do you mean?"

"Will I have to tie the queen up every time she disagrees with policies?"

Mavi narrowed her eyes at Owen playfully and leaned in closer, "I'm sure there are others who would love to help the queen change her mind if you think it's a dull task."

Mavi proudly flipped her hair over her shoulder and leaned back against Owen when she heard him growl low in his chest. His arms wrapped around her waist over the sheets and he pulled her closer.

"I wonder how Yara is doing?" Owen whispered into Mavi's ear making her gasp. She flew out of his arms in a fit of rage, ready to turn around and shove him away. Owen laughed as he quickly ceased her flaring hands and pinned her against the mattress.

"I'm kidding, Princess," Owen held her hands on either size of her face and used his weight to hold her down.

"That wasn't funny," Mavi snapped.

Owen gazed down at her with amusement, watching her stormy eyes.

"What?" Mavi stopped trying to push him off and sighed.

"I can't decide if you're cuter when you're being a brat or when you're jealous."

"I'm not jealous," Mavi declared.

"Oh?"

"Jealous means you envy someone else for what they have. Yara doesn't have you, I do. So, I'm not jealous of her. I'm possessive. I like to keep what's mine with me."

"I'm not going anywhere, your grace," Owen leaned down and kissed Mavi's lips. "But please remember that Maksim is not ours."

Owen watched as Mavi's face fell. She took another deep breath and nodded. Her gray eyes were guarded as she stared at a random spot on his neck.

"We will have our little beans," Owen kissed her forehead. "These past few days have shown me what an amazing mother you will be.... I can't wait to fill our house with our babies."

Mavi's eyes snapped up to Owen's glorious chocolate brown eyes that always made her feel anchored, "Our house?"

"What?" the corner of Owen's mouth pulled up into a half smile.

"You said our house," Mavi pushed up and leaned against her elbows.

"I did, didn't I?"

"What are you not telling me?" Mavi tilted her head to one side.

"It's a surprise," Owen leaned forward and kissed her. "But back to what I was saying......Maksim has a proper home. He needs to go home. We won't even know his birthday."

Mavi frowned as she listened to his words. Her heart ached painfully every time she thought about giving up her baby. It felt like someone would suck up all the air in the room at once, leaving her lungs gasping for air.