CH.50 Maksim

Chapter 50 (Please listen to the song <3) 

"Why is he crying so much?" Mavi asked desperately as she looked around at Rye and Gemma.

After Azazel had disappeared, Owen and Mavi brought the baby straight to the family. To say the least, everyone was shocked. Rye had pulled the baby right out of Mavi's hands and kissed him all over. Xavier was left speechless, his eyes moved to Owen and then back to Mavi.

"Trust me, I felt the same way when Exton landed at our doorstep," he said.

"Isn't he the cutest?" Rye gushed as the baby began to rub his eyes and fuss in her arms. As soon as he had begun to cry again, Owen pulled him back into his arms and politely asked Adel to get him some apple sauce.

"That's safe, right?" Mavi double checked with Rye and Gemma. "Can he have solid food?"

"He looks about one.... one and a half," Rye observed. "Solid food is fine."

"What if he's allergic to apples?" Mavi worried.

"Honey, I think he will be fine," Xavier tried to ease her mind, but he could tell his daughter was panicking. Strangely, he was reminded of the very short period in her childhood when she used to play with baby dolls.

Once Adel brought the apple sauce, Mavi took the baby into her arms and Owen slowly fed him.

"There you go," Mavi wiped his little mouth and bounced him on her knee. She held onto him tightly as Owen continued to feed him. Every so often, Mavi's eyes would find Owen gazing at her and she could feel herself blush.

The oddness of the situation hung in the air like a drug, making Mavi's head spin. She was elited, her heart sang and danced a thousand happy tunes a second. She couldn't get enough of her baby's scent. Every second a part of her cried thinking she missed a moment.

After the feeding, the baby began to cry again. Mavi put him over her shoulder and burped him as Gemma instructed her, but he still would not stop crying.

"Is he hurt?" Owen asked in concern.

"I don't know," Mavi frowned. "We changed his diaper and fed him....I don't know why he's still crying."

Across from them, Xavier and Rye shared a knowing smile. They had been the same exact way when Mavi was younger. They would watch her sleep all night long, panic over every little cry, worry after every common sneeze. Rye placed her head on Xavier's shoulder as he placed a kiss upon her head.

On the other sofa, Gemma and Exton sat starting at the crying baby with their eyes wide open and mouths slightly hanging.

"If you ever leave my sight after we have the girls, I will murder you," Gemma whispered to Exton.

"Oh my god," Exton nervously ran a hand through his hair. "I forgot.....we have two of them."

"Mom!" Mavi was on the verge of tears herself. "What do I do? He won't stop crying!"