CH.55 Owen

Chapter 55

"He ate all the cupcakes?" Adam asked in shock.

"Yep," Mavi nodded.

"And then he said no?"

"Yep," Owen and Mavi both said at once.

"What an ungrateful hoe,"

"We have to try again," Owen ran a hand through his hair.

"Obviously," Adam slammed shut the book in front of him in irritation. "I'll tell Eggs to go get another flower."

With that, Adam rushed out of the throne room and went in search of Exton. Mavi waited until he was down the hall before she walked over to where Owen sat on the table. She took off the veil she was wearing and unclipped the dead flower from her hair. Owen watched her with hooded eyes as she came to rest between his legs in that breathtaking dress.

"Are you okay?" Mavi asked as she placed a hand against his cheek.

Owen gave into her touch and lowered his face on her palm, "Yeah."

"Don't lie to me," Mavi watched the hint of a smile cross Owen's lips. "What's wrong?"

Before he answered, Owen hooked his arm around Mavi's waist and pulled her closer. His brown eyes searched her gray storms before he kissed her tenderly.

"I didn't like the way he was looking at you," He confessed as he lowered his forehead against hers.

"How was he looking at me?"

"Like...... like how I look at you when you are asleep in my arms. Like you're the first shooting start a child sees and remembers forever."

Mavi's heart smiled as she moved her hands around Owen's neck and pulled him into another kiss.

"I didn't notice, Mr. Radacovick," She whispered against his lips. "You're all I ever see."

"I don't like him," Owen said with irritation.

"He helped us find each other."

Owen turned his head away, frowning. He didn't want to give Heyder the credit.

"I love you with or without the bond," Owen said. "What we have is what we created.....He didn't do anything special."

Mavi watched him closely as she bit down on her bottom lip. He was really bothered by Heyder. She decided to not mention the spark she felt when he had touched her. It was the last thing Owen needed to worry about and no doubt something like that would definitely make him more paranoid.

"I love you," Mavi leaned forward and placed a kiss upon his cheek.

Owen turned his head and sighed. He picked up her left hand and kissed the finger on which the ring sat, "I love you too."

_______________________

That night Mavi dressed in another long gown and clipped the white flower into her dark hair. Owen pulled her legs onto his lap and helped her fasten the anklets. His mood had not changed since they had gotten back.

He sulked around the whole day like a grumpy old man. Mavi hated how he always shut himself up when he was upset. She had spent the day with Maksim and Manya while Owen stayed in his office.

"This time give him the cupcakes after he agrees to help," Adam said as he handed Mavi the new box of cupcakes.

"Got it," Mavi nodded. Her eyes flickered to Owen next to her. His face was unreadable. Mavi's heart sank a little bit as she recognized the expression. It was how he used to act around her before they fell in love with each other. Guarded, calculated.....distant.