3

Joochan went to the playground again. He went there not to search for food but he went there to play. He was bored. Nobody was at the playground so he could play anything he wanted without hesitation. After a few moment, he got tired. He felt thirsty but he had no money. How could he find some water? He looked everywhere but he found nothing except for dustbin. He had no choice. He had to find something in there to drink. He got up and went to the bin. Hoping he could find any water.

"Kid, don't do that. The dustbin is dirty" a lady reprimanded him. Joochan looked at her. The lady held him and dragged him away from the dustbin.

"What are you searching for, kid? The dustbin is dirty.." the lady advised him.

"I am searching for some water and foods" Joochan told her.

"Where is your parents?" The lady asked him.

"They leave me.." Joochan told her. The lady was shocked. How could people leave their children?

"Where do you live now?" The lady asked him. Joochan pointed the place he stayed.

"I live by the roads.." Naive Joochan just told her the truth. The lady was silent. She pitied him. How could his parents left him?

"Don't take anything from trash cans, okay? It is dirty. You can get sick if you take anything from it.." the lady patted Joochan's head and took him to the public sink to wash his hands. Then, he brought Joochan to a nearby store and bought Joochan some food.

"Can you bring nuna to the place you stay?" The lady just wanted to know. Joochan nodded. He held the lady's hand and brought her. At the same time, Youngtaek saw Joochan and her.

"Is she his mother?" Youngtaek said in his heart.

Joochan brought her to a place he stayed. It was just at a hidden hallway, in front of an abandoned store. It was opened. Luckily it was not raining for a few days so he won't be soaking to live here. The girl felt sorrow to see him. He was there, alone.

"How old are you, kid?" The lady asked him.

"I am 7 years old.." Joochan replied. The lady's eyes filled with tears. The tears fell out of sudden.

"Nuna, why are you crying?" Joochan got panicked when the lady suddenly cried.

"Did I make anything wrong? I am sorry if I did.." Joochan persuaded the lady. The lady wiped her tears.

"Nothing.." she replied. She just felt sorry for him.

"How long have you been here?" The lady asked.

"I don't know.." Joochan said.

"How about your school?" The lady asked.

"School? What is that?" Joochan asked.

"School. You don't know school? The place where you go for study.." The lady replied.

"I never go to school.." Joochan said. That made the lady shocked for twice. He was totally abandoned.

"Take this.." the lady gave Joochan some foods and drinks she bought from the store.

"Remember, don't take anything from trash cans.." she reminded Joochan.

"Huah! Thank you nuna!" Joochan thanked her. The lady patted Joochan's head.

"I need to go. Goodbye.." the lady said.

"Nuna.. what is your name?" Joochan asked.

"My name is Park Haru. What is your name?" The lady named Haru asked Joochan.