11

Sungyoon sat in his office. He had done doing his work. It was 4 o'clock. One hour left to go home. Many his friends gave Joochan's birthday gifts through him. Joochan was loved by them even though they never meet him. Sungyoon arranged his table. Suddenly he found a card that Joochan gave him that morning. He found it in his bag. He looked at the card. Joochan made it by himself.

"Happy Birthday, Choi Sungyoon" Joochan wrote in front of the card with a drawing of a stickman that looked like him. It was cute. Very cute until Sungyoon smiled while looking at the card. He opened the card. Joochan wrote with a messy handwriting and a little bit misspelling but it was understandable. For his age, Joochan's handwriting was beautiful. It's better than everyone else in his age. The card was full with overwhelming wishes. Sungyoon read it.

"Dear Ahjussi,
Today is your birthday so I wish you a happy birthday. Thank you for edopting (adopting) me even thogh (though) you don (don't) like me. It'z (it's) oke (okay) because I know it was not eazy (easy). Thank you for being my dad. I am sorry for always make troble (trouble) to you. I am sorry because I can't be a perfect boy. I am sorry for all my wrongduing (wrongdoing). Please don (don't) be sik (sick) because I am worried to see you sik (sick). Please live happyly (happily).

Happy birthday ahjussi. I lov (love) you.

Sincrely (Sincerely),
Hong Joochan"

Sungyoon smiled while reading Joochan's card. He also drew a picture of Sungyoon and Haru at the back of the card. Sungyoon put the card on his office table, next to the picture of Haru. He put there so he could see the card often.

"Why.. I feel overwhelmed to read his card?" Sungyoon asked himself.

*   *   *

Joochan got his report card. This time, he got the second rank. Jaehyun got the first rank. Jaehyun was shocked when he got the first rank. He looked at Joochan. He admitted that Joochan was smarter than him so when Joochan got the second rank, he knew something was wrong with Joochan. Joochan just looked at his result with sorrow.

"Joochan.." Jaehyun called him. Joochan looked at Jaehyun.

"I knew something was wrong happened to you before exam. You looked unhappy before exam. At the end, you got the second rank while you're smarter than me. Why?" Jaehyun asked. Joochan shook his head. Donghyun and Jibeom who heard Jaehyun asked Joochan looked at him.

"You can tell us if you have problems. Don't hold it by yourself.." Jibeom said. Joochan looked at him.

*   *   *

The school has ended. Joochan walked out of the class with a bag full of his birthday presents given by his friends.

"Joochan.." their home-room teacher, Jangjun, called him. He looked at Jangjun.

"Why you seemed unhappy before exam? At the end, it effected your result in this exam because of your unstable emotions. Do you have any problems?" Jangjun was concerned about Joochan. Joochan still refused to tell him.

"Don't be shy. If you want to tell me, you can tell me anything. Your bad days, your good days. Don't be afraid of me.." Jangjun said.