7

It was March. Their first exam was around the corner. Joochan went to the canteen with Jaehyun, Jibeom and Donghyun during recess time.

"Joochan, have you studied for your exam?" Jaehyun asked.

"Yes. I have studied a little bit. Have you?" Joochan said.

"Yes I have.." Jaehyun replied.

"You two must fight to get the first place" Jibeom said.

"Eh? No matter who got the first place. When will you get it? You always get the last rank.." Jaehyun insulted Jibeom.

"If the questions are about games, I am sure I will be the top student" -Jibeom.

"Huh! Dream on!" Donghyun insulted Jibeom.

"You're just jealous with me because you never win over me.." -Jibeom.

"Oh please. I don't" -Donghyun.

"Yes you are.." -Jibeom.

"No I don't!" -Donghyun.

"Stop! Can you stop arguing?!" Jaehyun said. Joochan just laughed at them. Jibeom and Donghyun looked at each other and ate their foods.

"Joochan.. can I ask you something?" Donghyun asked a question to Joochan.

"What is it?" Joochan replied.

"I heard that some teachers talked about you. Your dad's first name and your first name are not same. Is it true?" Donghyun asked.

"Ya, Donghyun. Stop hearing rumours.." Jibeom warned him.

"Yes, Donghyun. Stop hearing rumours" Jaehyun also warned him.

"That is not a rumour.." Joochan replied. Jaehyun, Donghyun and Jibeom looked at him.

"My current dad is not my real dad.." Joochan said.

"So.. who is he?" Jaehyun asked.

"He is my foster dad. He adopted me. My real dad had passed away 6 years ago.." Joochan said.

"So.. your mom married to another man?" Jibeom asked.

"My current mom is also my foster mom. Yes, my real mom had married to another man but she left me. She left with my stepfather and my stepbrother.." Joochan replied.

"Why she leaves you?" Jibeom asked again.

"My stepfather never like me. I don't know his exact reason.." Joochan replied in sorrow.

"It's okay.. you're happy with your new family, right?" Jaehyun tried to soothe him.

"Yes but it has ups and downs. My current father never like me because I was a homeless. Only my mom did.." Joochan replied with his teary eyes. Jaehyun hugged him.

"It's okay, Joochan. You have us. We are your family too.." Jaehyun persuaded Joochan. Joochan's tears fell down.

"Thank you.." Joochan said.

"Okay let's eat our foods and let's go somewhere else.." Jibeom tried to change the topic.

*   *   *

Joochan returned home late today because Sungyoon had a meeting so during the freetime, Joochan used the opportunity to study for his upcoming exam. Joochan sat at the canteen alone. Suddenly, his home-room teacher, Lee Jangjun, came.

"Joochan, why are you still here?" Jangjun asked him.

"My parents have meeting. They will fetch me late.." Joochan replied.