5

Joochan was brought to the hospital. He was totally unconscious. Joochan was brought to the emergency room. They waited for Joochan patiently. A few moments later, the doctor came out from the emergency room.

"How was Joochan?" Haru asked the doctor.

"He is very weak. He got malnutrition for not taking anything to eat for a few days and as we figured out, there is a bruise at his stomach. What happened to him?" The doctor asked.

"We don't know. He was a homeless kid. We found him unconscious by the road.." Haru said.

"Ah really? Hmm. The bruise looks like he has been punched at his stomach. We need to monitor him from time to time. He will be staying here until he gets better.." the doctor said. Haru thanked the doctor. The doctor left Haru and Sungyoon.

"So how's now?" Sungyoon said.

"You can go home if you want. I will stay here with him.." Haru said.

"You care about him more than me?" Sungyoon was still in his decision.

"Oppa.. he is a kid. He needs our help.." Haru said.

"Others will help him. Not only us" -Sungyoon.

"But if no one helps him?" -Haru.

"He's not our priority then.." -Sungyoon.

"Oppa, I want him.." -Haru.

"Why is it hard for you to understand? I don't want to adopt him.." -Sungyoon.

"Why? Because he's a homeless kid?" Haru walked and stood in front of Sungyoon. At that time, they were looking straight to each other.

"Are you afraid if you got bad reputation because of this homeless kid?" Haru asked him. He got the clue when Sungyoon agreed to adopt kids from the orphanage but not Joochan who was a homeless.

"Oppa.. because of your work, you are willing to see him like that? Because of your working reputation, you are willing to let others suffering instead of you? Where is the humanity inside you? Where is the "loving Sungyoon" that I've known before? Oppa.. you've changed a lot.." Haru said that to Sungyoon. Sungyoon remained silent. He had no answer.

"Oppa.. do you remember that.. on my birthday.. you said that you will give anything I want.." Haru asked Sungyoon about her birthday last month. Sungyoon nodded when he remembered the moment.

"Oppa.. I've thought about my birthday present.." Haru said.

"I want to adopt Joochan. That will be considered as my birthday present.." Haru said. Sungyoon was still silent. No answer.

*   *   *

Haru came to the place Joochan stayed before. Joochan was not wake up yet. He was still unconscious but he was getting better. He came and saw that Joochan's stuffs were not there. Haru came to take Joochan's stuffs after Sungyoon agreed to adopt him. Even though Sungyoon was still doubting and he was actually forced to adopt Joochan, she don't care. As long as Joochan would be with her, it was more than enough. She believed that Joochan would bring prosperity in her family. She always think that maybe Sungyoon and her were not ready to be parents. That was why they don't have their own kids yet. Maybe, after Joochan came to their lives, they would be ready and have their own kids later? Who knows.

Haru found a note that Youngtaek left there. Haru called the number that shown on the note and came to the address given. Haru also informed Sungyoon who was going to the government to manage Joochan's adoption, to come there when everything was done.

* * *

Haru rang the bell.

"Who's there?" A man greeted her.