038

"mom what happened?" miah said over the phone after she got the text from asia saying that spence was invited to ice cream, meaning if he didn't show up he'd be banished from the family.

"he asked" asia replied "but don't worry, ive got yours and spence's backs"

"like that's supposed to comfort me!?" miah raised her voice scaring spence momentarily as he drove to the ice cream shop "nick, austin, keenan, and dad!"

"don't worry it will be ok, we're at the shop now let me know when your here so i can come to the car first"

"we're almost there probably about three minutes" miah calmed down and hung up the phone. spence looked at her worried, he wasn't worried about meeting everyone but clearly miah was.

"hey it's all good" spence smiled at her. miah sighed in response resting her head against the head rest.

"i just don't want you to have to deal with them, i love them but sometimes they go over board" miah explained but she was just thankful that edwin and brandon weren't there.

"hey that's them" asia pointed out to nick and rushed over to their car as they parked. asia came by spences window and talked to them before they got out.

"hi mrs.kuwonu how are you?" spence asked sweetly.

"i'm good thankyou, but please call me asia" asia smiled back and he nodded "who won?"

"i did" miah looked at spence with sass, asia concluding it was a rough match.

"well better luck next time" asia patted spencer's shoulder "ok so everyone's in there, they're all chill for right now, so no attitude cause we know where that will go" asia gave miah a sassy look.

"i don't have an attitude- ok maybe" miah began to grow defensively but then realized her mom was right.

"ok, let's go" asia smiled and walked over to the outside tables where everyone was sitting.

"mai!" austin yelled with his arms opened. austin stood up from his seat next to ansley and immense hugged miah.

"hey" maih replied nervously.

"and you are spence" austin gretted spence by dapping him up.

"yes it's nice to meet you"

"austin"

"nice to meet you" spence smiled and miah walked him over to where nick and zion sat seemingly talking about something serious.

"uh dad, nick, this is spence, spence this is my dad and my godfather nick" miah shifted her weight from her toes to her heels while they just store at him.

"it's nice to meet you sir, i'm spence" spence stick his hand out to zion. zion shook his hand and looked him over.

"your a little old to be a sophomore" zion narrowed his eyes at him as he shook nicks hand.

"i'm a junior" spence corrected him respectfully.

"ooooohhhh, a junior" zion raised his voice looking over to asia making sure she hear him and she did, along with everyone else at the shop.

"uhh spence i actually wanted to introduce you to a few more people" miah took his hand, which her dads eyes widened at and pulled him to the other side of the table about 7 feet away.

"i'm sorry" miah whispered.

"it's ok" spence laughed at her quietly.

"this is sage, keenan, kori, and jessica" miah pointed to all of them as she lifted off their names. spence introduced himself to them and they sat down across from sage and keenan.

"you guys go to lakeside?" spence asked the two noticing their ages and figuring they must go to the same school they did.

"no we go to seaport just a few minutes away from lakeside" sage replied.

"oh cool cool" spence nodded and asia handed the two of them ice creams. they both thanked her and continued with a conversation with the two.

"you play basketball at lakeside?" keenan asked spence as they continued to talk.

"yeah" spence replied "you play?"

"yeah" keenan replied.

"oh cool we should ball sometime" spence nodded.

"yeah" keenan replied which shocked miah because usually keenan was really stuck up.

"is he ok?" miah mouthed to sage who sat across from her. sage replied lifting her shoulders wondering the same thing.

"thank you for ice cream, and it was very nice to meet you mr.kuwonu" spence thanked both miahs parents as everyone stood in the parking lot about to take off.

"any time spence" asia smiled at him.

"mhm" zion nodded with his hands in his pocket. spence gave miah a closed mouth smile.

"this was fun" miah said awkwardly as asia began to scold zion "let's go" miah said to spence who nodded and they hopped in the car.

"so hopefully your not gonna ghost me now" miah said as they pulled in her driveway.

"what?" spence laughed.

"my dad is crazy for one, and my family is crazy in general" miah explained.

"can't get rid of me that easily" spence smiled. miah smiled back at him and hopped out of the car.

"don't bother walking me in, but i'll see you?"

"yeah for sure" spence smiled and waiting till miah got in the house and then pulled away.