030

"come on guys" zion called out to miah and miles who were making him late for his haircut. asia was out of town doing a couple modeling shoots so it was just zion and the kids for the day. miah walked down the stairs shakily with miles in her arms, trying the best she could to help her dad.

"mamas be careful" zion walked up the stairs grabbing miles from miah.

"sorry i was just trying to help" miah replied lowly.

"thank you you did a great job" zion patted her head making her cheer up again. the three of them walked to the car and headed towards the barber for zion. once they arrived zion set miah and miles up in the chair next to him with his phone and a show, thankfully the shop was having a slow day.

"asia out of town?" zions barber chance asked him.

"yeah, she out in san fran doing a couple shoots" zion replied looking over at his kids checking in on them.

"man my boy miles is growing fast" chance said looking over at the two of them.

"aige and i think he gon to the nba cause the size of a damn 3 1/2 year old" zion laughed with chance.

"y'all didn't lie tho" chance laughed along. after a few hours of sitting in the shop getting his dreads twisted and getting lined up it was closing time.

"ayo shea coming to pick you up?" zion asked chance watching him sweep up the shop getting ready to close.

"yeah" chance nodded.

"let me drive you, come by the house and we can watch the chargers game" zion suggested. chance nodded in agreement, and after he finished cleaning up they hopped in zions car and head back to his house.

"ayo you got aux" zion gave his phone to chance.

"ight ight i got you" chance nodded and scrolled through his spotify playing some roddy rich. as they continued to drive to the house blue and red lights flashed in zions rearview and a small siren was gear.

"fuck i do?" zion said frustrated pulling over to side of the rode slowly.

"how fast you going?" chance asked placing the phone up on the dashboard along with his that was in his pocket.

"35 in a 35" zion shook his head and watch the cop step out of his car. zion swallowed nervously and held his hands on the steering wheel making them fully visible and chance placed his on the dash board.

"dadda what's going on?" miah asked nervously.

"don't worry mamas" zion looked back at her. the cop knocked on the window and zion slowly lifted his hand off the wheel and rolled down the window.

"license and registration please" the cop spoke harshly. he stood with his hands thumbs tucked in his belt like he was ready to grab a taser or gun at any moment.

"i'm gonna lift my hand off the wheel sir and reach into my glove compartment" zion outline his actions and proceeded to do so slowly. the cop watched his ever move as he reached his hand into the glove box clenching his belt even tighter. his hand released as zions hand reappeared with a folded piece of paper in it. zion slowly grabbed his wallet pulling out his license and handing both to the cop.