018

asia and zion walked to their range rover aka the mom car to go to the hospital. zion put asias bag and the baby's bag into the back and hopped in the drivers seat while asia hopped in the passnager seat. zion was noticeably freaking out because, well what was there not to be worried about. asia on the other hand, cool, calm, and collected which confused the hell out of her but she wasn't complaining.

"i'll see you guys soon" mandy waved at the two and they waved back. mandy had decided to stay back and make sure the house was already for the baby which they both were super thankful for.

"how you feelin mamas?" zion asked bringing asias hand up to his mouth kissing it as they started their hour drive to the hospital.

"contractions are getting a little stronger but nothing terrible" asia looked at him with loving eyes. zion nodded kissing her hand once more and glanced over at her. they were both just happy they didn't have to wake up in the middle of the night to go. asias water broke around 10 am that morning right before she was getting in the shower. of course zion insisted that they go to the hospital right away but asia insisted she wanted to shower so she did exactly that, and even blow dried her hair and but it in braids before they left.

"why are you looking at me like that?" zion chuckled.

"we're about to have a family" asia replied smiling brightly.

"i know mamas" zion smiled brightly as well.

"hold up i gotta snap the girls" asia went through her phone pulling out snapchat and took a video of the two of them driving. "oh shit look" asia showed the kicks from the baby to her phone "oh shit that hurts" asia inhaled sharply worrying zion. asia stopped the video making sure to send it and breathed through her contraction.

"breathe mamas, breathe" zion held onto her hand while she squeezed it. asia inhaled and exhaled waiting for the pain to pass and slowly it did.

"ok so who's ready to have a baby" the delivery doctor asked cheerfully coming into the room. asia nodded readily while she laid in the hospital bed with a gown on. a nurse followed behind the doctor handing him a clip board which he briefly looked over.

"so i'm doctor caplin, i've been doing this for 26 years and i haven't been fired yet so i must be good right?" the doctor joked which made asia chuckle but zion didn't budge.

"come on it was funny" asia whispered to zion.

"just to let you know i am the best in the building, and one of the bests at my job" doctor caplin said reassuringly so let so zion wouldn't freak out even more.

"that's good to hear" asia smiled at him.

"now i see that this is your first" the doctor said and asia nodded "are we going to take the epidural or are we going to see how it goes?"

"we're gonna see how it goes" asia replied.

"great, now i see that your 5 centimeters dilated, only 5 more and then baby time" the doctor smiled "if you have any questions or concerns just ring the call button and one of the nurses would be happy to help" he smiled nicely and then walked out following the nurses leaving just zion and asia.

"you nervous?" asia asked zion even though she already knew the answer.

"nah i'm cool" zion replied over exaggerating it. asia couldn't help but smile at his cuteness.

"i'm being serious" asia asked once more. zion looked at her seriously and then squeezed her hand and broke eye contact.

"of course i'm nervous" zion started "what if something happens to you, or the baby, or both?"

"i will be fine, the baby will be fine" asia said reassuringly but in reality the only thing that would help zion is when it actually happens. "and if anything does happen-"

"nah nah nah" zion cut her off not wanting to even think about if something happened to either of them.

"no i'm serious, if something happens to me and it's me or the baby, save the baby" asias eyes got teary and so did zions but he stayed silent.

"i'm serious, i need you to say it back" asia squeezes his hand. a tear dropped down his face and he squeezed asias hand tightly.

"i promise" he said in just above a whisper.

"thank you" asia replied in the same tone and wiped her tears. "fuck we dramatic aren't we" asia said after a few minutes of silence.

"yes sir" zion nodded slightly laughing "come on let's go for a walk so this baby can come sooner" zion stuck out both of his hands to help pull asia up from the bed and the two of them started walking the halls of the hospital.

"you really be handling this pain thing well" zion slightly joked as asia sat on a yoga ball in the room bent over because her contractions were so bad but she still had to be dilated more. asia looked up shoot zion a piercing look.

"i hate you" asia snarled at him.

"sorry, trying to distract you" zion felt bad.

"your really good at that huh" asia closed her eyes tightly as the contraction slowly stopped. zion took a wet cloth and sip the sweat off of her forehead.

"ok asia were going to see how dilated you are now" a nurse entered the room. asia nodded and helped herself off of the ball denying zions hand to help because of his snarky comment.

"looks like you have one more centimeter to go, we are going to get ready ok?" the nurse looked at asia sweetly. asia nodded and rested her head back on the pillow feeling another contraction coming soon.

"mamas i'm sorry" zion appologized leaning down to asias side. asia stuck her hand up to his face and closed her eyes and breathed steadily prepping for the contraction.