026

"is this really what you want to be doing? you have a family now zion, you need a backbone. becoming independent is why so many artists fail these days. they get all in their head and then the next thing you know they go from selling out arenas to barely filling a 100 person show. i've seen it happen, and i care about you. i care about asia and the baby"

"miah" zion interrupted.

"yes miah, you don't want to hurt her. trust me being signer here will bring you guys further than you'll ever believe, i've been doing this for a while now zion" simon laughed.

"it's not just me simon, this isn't my first choice, but those are my best friends sitting in that room" zion replied.

"it's also your future" simon placed a hand on zions shoulder "you go in there and try to make things work with them. and tell you this, if they don't want to sign then me and you can have a chat and we can talk about signing you as a solo artist" simon convinced zion. simon looked at zion and then patted him on the back and sent him back in the room. once zion entered the eyes of his four band mates were on him.

"i'm telling you we can't sign" zion admitted as he faced the guys.

"why, what did he say?" edwin asked concerned.

"he said if we don't sign, then he would sign me as a solo artist and all this shit about my family and how i need to provide for them" zion got angry just remembering the conversation. he looked at the paper sitting on the glass desk in front of him and then back at the guys.

"but what happens if things do go south?" nick asked worried and doing his best to be punctual.

"we have the following already. we have the studio, we already do our song writing and choreographing, honestly they need us more then we need them" austin said.

"and well just have to build our own team, we will need a new manager but, i think this might work"

"mamas were back!" zion yelled excitedly into their home temporarily forgetting that it's possible that he could've just woken miah.

"congratulations guys" asia appeared in front of them with a cake as they walked into her house "wait where's austin?" asia asked concerned thinking that they singed with the label.

"he's just grabbing a drink from the garage" nick laughed at asia.

"thank god" asia sighed with relief "well here's your cake to celebrate some badass independent artists" asia smiled placing the cake down on the counter for them.

"thank you" edwin hugged asia tightly.

"of course, y'all are family" asia smiled at them all "let's eat shall we?" asia grabbed a knife from the drawer and some plates and cut pieces for the guys and herself.

"wheres mai at?" zion asked after she shoved a bite of cake in his mouth.

"yo you nasty" edwin slapped his head making zion try to slap him back but edwin dodged it.

"she's right here" asia motioned to the rocker that was on the kitchen counter.

"shit i didn't even notice that" zion laughed looking at the rocker on the counter.

"what'd you think it was doing up there?" asia looked at him thinking about how dumb this boy was.

"ion i guess i looked over it" zion shrugged.

"oh my god" asia laughed at him and picked miah up.  she rocked her as she walked to the other side of the counter to hand her to zion.

"incoming!" zion announced shoving the last piece into his mouth and giving his plate to edwin  "pshhhh" zion made landing noises as asia gave him the baby. edwin looked at him and then the plate and then put it on the counter making austin and nick laugh.

"man what you laughing at?" zion looked at him.

"your dumbass" nick replied making everyone laugh including some small grunting from miah.

"yeah yeah funny" zion rolled his eyes at everyone.

"hey how did you even know that we were coming back here or even not gonna sign?" brandon asked asia curiously making all the other guys think the same thing.

"well i kinda know you all to well to know that your not going to leave one of y'all behind" asia admitted "i also got another cake just in case" asia laughed and walked over to the fridge pulling out a cake that said 'five more years!' on it. "so it was kinda a lucky guess when you walked it" asia laughed and all the guys joined in.

"well thank you, and hopefully we will have five more years" edwin admitted

"man don't be like that" they all laughed and shoved edwin

"just saying just saying" he laughed with a huge smile on his fave.