B.Y.O.Assistant

Their weekend with Maverick was a hit. They went to the movies and to a few museums. He had all the snacks he wanted thanks to Emma. Delilah tried to fight her on it and lost. How could she say no to not only one pair of big blue eyes but two!? Then when Cyn came over, her and Maverick had so much fun playing his game together. Cyn actually has her own hand held system. They battled against each other. That kept them both occupied for some time. He had so much fun with them that he asked if he could come back next weekend. Admittedly, they had a lot of fun too. They left the invite to their homes open for Maverick anytime. After all he was a good kid.

Now with the excitement of the weekend gone, it was right back to business as usual. Once again Emma found herself struggling to pay attention in a conference that definitely should have been a email. Sometimes she would send Tracy to these things in her stead. Tracy took wonderful notes and always filled Emma in on all the need to know things. Unfortunately, Tracy wasn't at work today. She called out sick, which is so unlike her it kind of worried Emma. She made a mental note to send her a care package while she was out.

Tracy left a big pair of shoes to fill while she was gone. Emma needed an assistant. The temp agency that her firm employed wouldn't be able to send a fill in until tomorrow. So Emma was left to her own devices until then.

The meeting adjourned and Emma was free to go back to her office to get some actual work done. There was a new case that she was dying to sink her teeth into. Unlike her recent cases, this one was a bit more interesting. She stepped off of the elevator and immediately pulled out her phone. She scrolled and typed as she walked, making notes and marking things on her calendar. She became completely oblivious to her surroundings. She made a left after walking down the long hall to her office and passed what should have been Tracy's empty desk. However, from her peripheral vision Emma could see it was occupied. She pulled her nose out of her phone and looked up.

Delilah was sitting Tracy's chair, looking up at her sexy girlfriend. She always thought it was so hot when Emma got overly focused on any task but especially her career. So maybe Delilah did have a lawyer fetish. It worked out. Her girlfriend was an attorney. "Hi, Miss Evans." She said sweetly.

Emma looked around as though maybe she was being pranked. Of all the things she expected today, this was not one of them. She smiled suspiciously as she slid her phone back into the pocket of her tightly fitted grey slacks. "Hello. What are you doing here?"

"You said Tracy was out sick and you wish you had an assistant. Here's your assistant." Delilah motioned to herself and the space around her. She had already placed a planner and a pen on the desk. She was dressed for the part. However, Delilah was always dressed for the part if the part was sexy secretary.

Emma chuckled dryly and licked her lips. There was no way Delilah could be her assistant for the day. For one, how was Emma supposed to focus when she knew Delilah was just outside her door in a too tight too short pencil skirt and a v cut blouse that was cut just a hair too short. "Babe."

"Ah. Ah." The brunette shook her head. "At work I'm just Delilah."

Emma chuckled and bit her lip. "Okay, Delilah. How will you get all of Tracy's information? She usually has my entire day mapped out."

"Easy. The password on this computer was the same password you use for everything. Which honestly, Miss Evans, you shouldn't do. Security reasons. I accessed all of her notes and calendars. I have it all here." Delilah held up her planner and smiled. She was way ahead of Emma. She had snuck in while she was in her hour long conference and retrieved everything she needed to know.

Emma wanted to say something but had nothing to say. She silently accepted her defeat. "Fine but no funny business. I actually have to work today."