Happy

Delilah was on top of Emma, kissing her neck. They were both breathless and sweaty. Delilah laid beside her love and tried to catch her breath.

  "Fuck, I love you." Emma mumbled.

  "You're welcome." Delilah smiled. They had been at it for hours. It started off rough but they ended up just making love to each other. It went on and on until neither of them could go again.

  "Shut it." The blonde laughed. She leaned over the side of the bed and grabbed her pants to fish her phone from the pocket. It was a little after midnight. "It's tomorrow."

  Delilah stretched and yawned. She rolled over and put her arm around Em. "Were you doing a countdown?"

  "Maybe." Emma smiled and got out of bed after kissing Delilah's hand. "I'll be right back."

Delilah watched from the bed as Emma's naked body tip toed out the door. She laid back and sighed. It was a good night. She wondered what Cyn was doing and how her family dinner went. She didn't seem too nervous about it but Delilah could tell she was worried for Jax. Delilah cut her mind's wandering short when Emma came back into the room. She was carrying a jewelry box.

Delilah sat up. "What's that?"

"I'm about to show you. Come here."

  Delilah got up and kneeled at Emma's feet. "Yes, Mistress?"

  Emma opened the box to reveal a simple gold necklace with a round diamond at the center.

  "A day collar?" Delilah asked. She thought the necklace was beautiful. She was happy Emma knew she preferred gold over silver. She would have worn it either way but appreciated the thoughtfulness.

  "Yes." Emma put it around Delilah's neck and fastened it. It fit perfectly. She wanted it to fit close to her neck as a regular collar would. "I am the only one that can remove this."

  "Yes, ma'am." Delilah touched the diamond gently caressing her neck. She was owned. It was surprisingly comforting. She picked up a small piece of paper rolled inside the case. "What's this?" She asked.

"Oh just a little letter I wrote." Emma blushed. It was more of a poem than a letter really. "You can read it later."

Delilah sat back on her heels and rolled the letter between her fingers. "Can I read it now?"

Emma tried to steel her emotions but she was nervous. "If you must."

  Delilah wasted no time unrolling the thin sheet of paper. She read it silently.

Some things feel entirely too close to dreams to be reality. In the bliss of what feels like stolen moments from the world, I am transparent and ethereal. Bound to this earth only by the gravity of your love. You are not woman or human during this time. You are all god and I feel privileged to worship all that you are. All that I am and ever hoped to be is held in the clutches of two green sapphires. You orchestrate a beautiful demise for me. You build cliffs and summon me from below. Without question or caution I leap to my death. What a gift it is to die in your arms.
I want to give you the things you have given me. The warm embrace of certainty. Thank you for the gift you're entrusting me with. Thank you for finding me worthy.
Always yours.
In all ways yours.

Delilah smiled and read it a few more times. She decided she would keep this little piece of paper for the rest of her life. This was a first for her. No one had ever written anything to or for her before. "I love this so much." She said as she played with her collar.