Just Desserts

A week later Delilah was walking with Miguel. He was telling her a story about a guy that tried to mug him. It didn't end well for the thief.

"Now honestly, Miguel. Did you think all of that was necessary?" Delilah asked.

"He tried to rob me and you're questioning the legitimacy of my actions??" Miguel was puzzled.

"Call the police or something next time." She rolled her eyes and looked down at her phone. Emma had sent her some very sexy pictures from her desk at work. "I miss my other assistant." Delilah smiled and bit her lip.

"Let me see." Miguel said as he tried to look over his sister's shoulder.

Delilah immediately closed out her messages. "Absolutely not. I'd have to kill you."

"Like you could." Miguel playfully shoved her.

"Your girlfriend is actually a really good teacher. You'd be surprised to see what I could do."

"Speaking of my girlfriend, I heard you two have a little competition going on." Miguel smiled.

"We do. I've been at the range every day. You better not tell her this, but I'm getting nervous. She's like really good."

"My lips are sealed. I'll help you train. I'm a way better shot than her." He gloated.

"Yeah right. She didn't miss the entire time we were there. I doubt you're better than her."

"Whoa!" Miguel stopped walking. He chuckled with disbelief. "You think Dani is a better marksman than me!?"

"I've never actually seen you shoot anything so I'm going to say yes. Yes, I do."

"Unbelievable. Un-fucking-believable." He took out his phone and starting dialing a number. "I knew I shouldn't have let her take over your trainings."

"Who are you calling?" Delilah asked as she looked around. She felt silly standing in the middle of the sidewalk.

Miguel put the phone on speaker and waited while it continued to ring. Finally someone picked up. "Sir?" Daniella's voice came through the speaker.

Miguel skipped the pleasantries. "Daniella, please tell Delilah that I am a better shooter than you."

Dani laughed. "Why would I do that?"

Delilah giggled. Which only further irritated Miguel. He was so used to Delilah thinking he was Superman, the thought of someone else being on his pedestal bothered him to no end.

"Because it's true." He explained.

  "No it's not."

  "Yes it is! You honestly believe you handle a gun better than me?"

  Daniella paused. "Exactly what makes you think you have more experience than me with a firearm? Don't you do, like, accounting or something?" She asked.

  Delilah raised her eyebrow. "Accounting?? Is that what you told her you do?" She whispered.

  He gave Delilah a look. "Shut up."

  "Excuse me?" Daniella asked.

  "Not you, babe."

  "I have to go, but if you're so talented then help Delilah beat me. I'm sure she needs it." Daniella chuckled.

"Hey!" Delilah said.

"Yeah yeah. I'll see you later. Bye." Miguel huffed.

"Umm.. aren't you forgetting something?" Daniella asked.