Progress

By the time Emma got home, Cyn was fast asleep. She was comfortably nestled between Delilah's legs on the couch. Her cartoon movie was still playing silently in the background while Delilah was reading a book. Emma quietly crept over to the brunette and kissed her.

  Delilah smiled. "Hi."

  "Hi, doll." Emma looked down at their sleeping girlfriend. "She didn't make it, huh?"

  Delilah chuckled. "Nope."

  Emma reached under the pink princess blanket and rubbed Cyn's back gently. "Baby." She cooed.

  Cyn's eyes opened slowly. After she was able to focus them, a soft smile hung on her lips. "Hi, Mommy. I stayed up until you got here."

Emma laughed. "Oh did you?" Emma was happy she wasn't in bed yet.

Cyn nodded. Her head was still resting on Delilah's tummy. "Yeah. I was just resting my eyes."

"And practicing your snoring?" Delilah asked.

Cyn blushed and giggled. "Yeah."

Emma smile and reached her hand out. "Come on, sweets. Let's get you to the potty and tucked in."

"Otay." Cyn gave Delilah a kiss on the cheek. "Night night, Daddy."

"Goodnight, princess."

  "I'll be back down, doll." Emma said as she led Cyn upstairs.

  Cyn rubbed her eyes and yawned. She was so sleepy but she was glad her Mommy was back. She missed her. She sat on the toilet after Emma pulled her pants and pull-up down.

  "Did you have a good night with Daddy, sweets?" Emma asked. She was looking in the mirror and taking her hair down. She noticed the place where the man grabbed her arm was turning red. She quickly put it down so the sight wouldn't upset Cyn.

  "Yeah! I had Dino nuggets and we played games and she read me a bunch of stories and let me pick the movie. Her gave me tickles too." Cyn giggled just thinking about it.

Emma reached around and took her necklace off. "What kind of tickles?"

"On my tum tum and my feets!" Cyn wiggled her toes.

Emma smiled and helped Cyn clean up. She washed her hands and towed her off to bed. Cyn crawled under the blankets. She watched as her Mommy took off her clothes and slid into an oversized t-shirt.

"I'm glad you had a good night, princess." Emma crawled onto bed beside her.

"What about you, Mommy? Did you have a good night? Is your brother a poo poo head?" Cyn asked, giggling.

Emma couldn't stifle her laughter. "Mm. Not completely. You'll meet him tomorrow."

"I will?!" Cyn asked. She loved meeting new people.

"Mmhm. We'll be at your restaurant at one. Do you think you'll be able to take a break then?"

"Yeah! Definitely. Is he nice?"

"Super nice." Emma kissed her forehead. "Now get some sleep little munchkin."

"I not munchkin! I big, Mommy." The little one pouted.

"No you're not. You're Mommy's little baby aren't you?" Emma playfully kissed all over Cyn's face and her neck, making her squirm and giggle.

"Yes! I Mommy's baby." Cyn smiled.

  Emma kissed her forehead. "I know."

  "Goodnight, Mommy. I love you."

"I love you more, sweets."  Emma started to leave and as she put her finger on the light switch, she heard a subtle clearing of the throat. She turned around and the two women made eye contact. Emma knew she was going to be in trouble. She was so incredibly ready to leave the restaurant, she forgot to order Cyn's cake. "Yes, sweets?"