Keep Me Company

After their long day at the lake, the girls went inside to shower and relax. Emma made Cyn put on sunscreen before they went outside but forgot to put it on for herself. Now she was feeling the consequences of her foolish behavior. She burned easily and felt idiotic for forgetting. The group was napping now. After their swim and fun in the sun they were exhausted. One by one they fell asleep. Cyn fell asleep in Delilah's arms on the large plushy couch and Emma dozed off in the recliner. Cyn's eyes fluttered open. She looked around to see her girlfriends still fast asleep. Delilah's arm was tightly wrapped around her and her face was pressed into the nape of her neck. Being snuggled with her Daddy like that made Cyn feel supper small. Her little body compared to Delilah's lengthy stature always had that effect on her. She put her thumb in her mouth and tried to wait for them to wake up but it was taking too long for her. After about ten minutes, Cyn carefully, without waking the brunette, wiggled out of her embrace and into the bedroom with her blanky. After she grabbed her paci and her phone, she made herself comfortable on the bed. She was feeling little and wanted to talk to someone. She didn't have great service out there but fortunately the cabin had WiFi. Of course it did. Emma may have said she wasn't going into the office but it would take a miracle for her not to check her emails. Cyn picked up her phone and went back and forth between Blu and Penelope. She decided to FaceTime Blu. That was her safest bet while she felt so small. She didn't want to upset her girlfriends. She knew for a fact that they would prefer Cyn to wake them up than to be little and cute with Penelope. Cyn waited and waited while it rang but Blu didn't pick up. Cyn huffed and put her phone down. She went back into the den but the other women were still sleep. She decided to venture outside. There was a tire swing tied to a tree that Cyn was eyeing earlier. She decided to give it a try.

"Am I supposed to sit inside of it or... on top of it?" Cyn asked herself out loud. Climbing to the top seemed kind of dangerous for her. She figured she should just sit inside. She pushed her legs through and began to swing. It was actually a lot of fun. She let her mind wander while she swung back and forth. When that got boring she laid in the hammock. Up above were two squirrels. She smiled and watched as they climbed the trees and jumped from branch to branch. She wondered if they siblings or lovers. She assumed they were pals and named them after herself and Blu. "Hiiii." Cyn waved up at them but they ran away. "Aww."

"Hi!" A random voice said.

It startled Cyn so bad she fell out of the hammock and landed in a cloud of dust in the dirt. "Fuck!" She murmured.

"Yikes. Didn't mean to scare you, little lady."

  Cyn stood up and dusted herself off. "I'm not a little lady!" She said grumpily. She was mad at this stranger for interrupting her Cyn Cyn time. Plus she was still feeling little and therefore feistier than usual.

  The guy chuckled. "Okay then. I just noticed you were over here by your lonesome. Thought I'd shuffle over and say hi."

  "Well... hi." Cyn wished her Mommy or Daddy were out there.

  "I was just about to light the fire pit and make some s'mores. Wouldn't be a good neighbor if I didn't invite you."

Cyn perked up a little. "S'mores?"

The stranger smiled ever so slightly. "Yep. Name's Jim by the way."

"Um.. Cynthia." She looked Jim over. He was an older guy. Scruffy beard and sad eyes. Cyn wondered what made them so sad looking. His dark hair was slowly fading to grey. He looked like the stereotypical lumberjack down to the plaid flannel shirt he was wearing.

He nodded. He could tell she was nervous. "Listen, I'm not going to pressure you. But I'm just over there if you want to join me." He pointed to a smaller cabin a little further away from the lake. She could barely see it through the trees.

Cyn bit her lip. She really wanted s'mores and she was really bored by herself. "Okay maybe for just one s'more."

Jim clapped his hands together. "Perfect. Right this way." He started to walk away and Cyn followed behind him. She looked back at their cabin and paused. She thought maybe she should have left a note.

"You still coming?" Jim asked when he noticed Cynthia wasn't behind him anymore.

Cyn nodded. She would only be gone for a minute. She would probably be back before they woke up. "Yeah. Right behind you."

Emma was in heaven for the duration of her nap. She hadn't had sleep this good and uninterrupted in a while. Her phone hadn't rang. Nobody was knocking on the door. There was no one there to interrupt their much needed vacation. It was just her, her girls, and some much needed R&R. Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder, violently shaking her.

"Emma!" Delilah damn near shouted. "Wake up."

Emma opened her eyes. "What is it? What's wrong?" Her girlfriend was actually irritating her fresh sunburn with her vice like grip on her shoulder.

"Where's Cyn??" Delilah asked in a panic.

"I don't know. She was just here." Emma was the last one asleep. When she sat in the recliner, both of her girlfriends were cozy on the couch. She quickly stood up and ran to their room.

"I looked everywhere. Even outside. Her phone is going to straight to voicemail." Delilah had tears in her eyes.

"Baby. Don't cry. We'll find her." Emma tried to soothe her. "Knowing Cyn she just went on an adventure or as most people call it, a walk."

"I don't know. She would have left a note or something." Delilah cleared the tears from her eyes. "Can we check outside again?"

Emma nodded and followed Delilah to the door. She silently prayed Cyn was waiting on the other side of the door. Emma was going to kill her for scaring them like this.

"Cyn??" Delilah shouted.