On The Town

As the lunch came to an end, Cyn and Jasmine found themselves in their own little world reminiscing about their time in high school. Despite not being friends, they had several classes together. Therefore they shared a bunch of the same memories. They were laughing and giggling all over themselves.

"Oh my god. What was your brother's name? The really cute one." Jasmine said.

"I don't have a brother that fits that description."

Jasmine laughed. "Not the red head. The other one. He was like one grade ahead of us I think."

"Jaxon!?" Cyn asked. "Ewww."

"Eww?? He was so hot."

"You do know that I can still hear you?" Nicholas asked.

Jasmine laughed. "I said was, baby. Don't be jealous." She kissed him on the cheek.

"Don't feel bad, Nicholas. Delilah would up and leave me for a fictional lawyer from a tv show." Emma said.

"I would not!" Delilah said. "I mean... I would ask for like a one night pass though. The things I'd let her..."

  Emma glared at her.

  "Joking!" Delilah laughed but Emma didn't find it funny. The imagery, even the fictitious sort, of someone else having their way with her doll was enough to invoke anger.

  Nicholas laughed at the two of them. At least he knew his jealously was inherited. "Thanks again for agreeing to this. I've had such a good time getting to know you."

  "Well thank you for the invite. It was a good idea. You're not as bad as I thought."

  Nicholas smiled. "That means a lot coming from you, little sis."

  "Easy." Emma said.

  "You know what?" Delilah asked. "This actually makes you the middle child."

  "Middle children are the worst. Look at Phoenix." Cyn mindlessly pointed out.

  "Well thanks for that, sweets." Emma chuckled.

  "Oh. Not you though. You're the exception." Cyn giggled.

The gang left their table and headed outside. Jasmine spoke with Cyn and Delilah while Nicholas and Emma shared a moment alone.

  "How much longer are you two in town?" Emma asked.

  "Tomorrow is our last day. We leave bright and early Wednesday morning." Nicholas stretched and ran a hand through his golden mop. "Why? You gonna miss me?"

"Yes, actually." Emma admitted. She was coming around to accept the fact that she had a brother. It could be nice. Someone with a little more life experience to get advice from. Not to mention they shared the same career. He could help her. She could help him. It could be mutually beneficial on more than one front.

Nicholas definitely wasn't expecting Emma to say that. "I'm going to miss you too, Emma."

  He was emotional like Rebecca. Ew. "Okay well don't cry about it." Emma teased.

  "Do you have to go back to the office?" Nicholas asked.

  Emma looked at her phone. She had a few messages from Tracy. "I should have been back already."

  "Aw."

  "You could always come to work with me." Emma joked.

  "Okay!" Nicholas agreed.