The Exchange

Tomorrow was the big competition between Delilah and Daniella. Delilah's skills had improved significantly over the course of the past month. Still, she was nervous beyond measure. Delilah, like most people, liked to win. She needed to win. If not, the bracelet would remind her of her failure every time she had to put on that damned best friend charm. She could see it now. The gaudy jewelry hanging from her arm. Ew. She was more of a refined and sleek type of woman. Plus, she just wanted Daniella's gun for the sake of having it. Of course she could go out and purchase an identical weapon, but it wouldn't be the same.

She had spent the better part of the morning at the range with Miguel. He was giving her tips and advice on how to beat Daniella. Apparently, each round, one of them were going to pick the target distance and how to shoot, i.e standing, kneeling, one hand etc., etc. Miguel suggested Delilah puck kneeling. It was Dani's weak spot. So they practiced a lot of that today. Delilah actually felt good about her chances. She was a quick study and took to the sport without a problem. The only thing she felt too weary about was her speed.

Now Delilah was at home. She finished her shower and got dressed. Andre and Brandon came to steal Cyn away from her lovers. Cyn was chatting about going on an adventure. Nobody really knows what she meant by that. There was no telling what time she would be back. So now it was just Emma and Delilah. Which really just felt like Delilah was home alone. For the past week or so, Emma had completely immersed herself into her work. It seemed like every waking second was filled with documents, meetings, and emails. They would sit down for dinner and her phone would ring. They would get into bed and she would be reading something concerning work.

  Delilah tried not to complain or be too needy. She knew that Emma was like this but it was harder to accept now. Delilah did have complaints and she was, no matter how much she tried to fight or deny it, needy. Very much so. It was challenging enough trying to accept her new role. She didn't need the added stress of made feeling like her Domme didn't want or have time for her. She needed Emma's direction and affirmation.

  Delilah kept making excuses to go into the office. Sometimes she didn't even say anything. She would just grab a random object and take it with her. Other times she would ask Emma a simple question. It bothered her that Emma wouldn't even look up or away from whatever she was doing. It was like she was invisible. Besides not wanting to come across as too needy, Delilah also didn't want to seem pushy. Emma was in control. She was supposed to lead and set the pace. Delilah didn't want to overstep. Fuck it.

Emma leaned back in her chair and sighed. She was so over this case. It wasn't even her case originally but of course Barnes complained and whined until they just handed it over to her. Now all the work that he should have done and didn't fell into her lap. Now it was just a matter of playing a vicious game of catch up. Though she couldn't complain too much. Her work was keeping her occupied. It gave her something else to focus on other than the conversation she needed to have with Delilah about their roles. Emma wasn't even really sure what she was worked up about. From what she could tell, Delilah was still very much her sub. She just thought maybe if she said it out loud it would jinx it somehow. Emma groaned at her own inconsistency. It was important that her intentions were clear. Uncertainty would only complicate things for both of them. I know better. I know I can't continue to avoid her and make excuses. She deserves more from me. She deserves a better Mistress than this. Asshole.

The office door opened and Delilah stood there holding something in her hand. Upon further inspection, Emma saw that it was Delilah's collar. She walked over and got on her knees before holding up the collar to the blonde. Emma understood the silent request. She took the offering and placed the leather strap around Delilah's neck. When it was snug and in place, the brunette settled into position one.