Like One of Your French Girls

Vanessa put the final touches on her project and washed her hands before she heard the buzzer sound. She wiped her hands on her shirt and answered the door. Harper was standing there looking better than Vanessa's imagination had allowed her to fantasize. The dress she was wearing was short enough to draw you in but long enough to keep your mind wandering.

Vanessa very coolly leaned against the door and let her eyes search over the length of Harper's body. Vanessa liked the way that made Harper's cheeks burn red. "You look nice."

Taking back some of her power, Harper shrugged. "I wish I could say the same." She gave Vanessa a swift once over.

The taller woman looked down at her messy clothes. Her white paints were stained with years of paint and her tight fitting tank top had also seen better days. She laughed. "Touché. Come in."

Harper stepped inside and looked around. There were canvases scattered across the open room, either leaning on the wall or just flat on the floor. Some blank. Some covered in colorful splashes of color. There was plastic tarp on some areas of the floor. Paintings, sculptures and statues met the eye wherever she looked. It was all so beautiful. Then she saw it suspended from the ceiling. It was her. Harper was in awe.

"So... I guess that means you like it." Vanessa smiled.

"I love it." She said as she walked closer to the display.

"I'm glad. I stayed up all night working on it. I couldn't sleep after our walk. I felt so inspired." Vanessa smiled as she watched Harper admire her work.

She looked closer at the materials so masterfully intertwined. "Is this entire thing made from wire clothes hangers?"

Vanessa nodded. "Yes. I left some intact. I broke some of them. Your hair took the longest. I had to straighten out the the metal to make it look like it was flowing." Vanessa gently touched Harper's blonde tresses. "Like the real thing. Not as beautiful but close."

Harper smiled. "Thank you."

  Vanessa moved her hand much to the other woman's dismay. "I call it 'Hung Up On You'. Is that cheesy?"

  "Yes, but I like it." Harper grabbed Vanessa's hand and intertwined their fingers. It was a bold move on her part but she adored the feeling she got when they were touching.

  Vanessa glanced down at their hands clasped together and smiled. "Do you want to see some of my other things?"

"Depends. Are they all of other girls?" She asked only jokingly. . . . Kind of.

Vanessa smirked. "Not all of them."

  Harper gave her a look. Okay. Maybe she did get jealous. A LITTLE. "You're not as funny as you think you are."

"Hmm.. no?" Vanessa pulled her in the direction of one of her favorite pieces. It was a series of photos she had taken of herself and her parents over the span of her life. The first photo was when they brought her home from the hospital. The last one was taken just last week. She loved this set of pictures the most because her parents were near and dear to her heart.

  "You look identical to your mother." Harper said as she examined the pictures.

  Vanessa thought her mother was beautiful so she took that as a compliment. "Thank you."

  After Harper finished looking at that, Vanessa showed her other works. Harper asked questions and marveled at Vanessa's talent. They talked about each piece as they walked around. It felt like a private art tour to Harper. She loved every second.