Crush

When their vacation came to an end, the triad went home. Delilah told Em about Skylar's unwanted advances. She just rolled her eyes. Delilah was hers. She knew that and was just annoyed that Skylar ever thought she had a chance. This sort of thing would have made the old Emma ridiculously angry and jealous. However, she didn't feel that at all. If anything she felt bad for Skylar. Which was surprising. She tried to imagine if she was stupid enough to let someone like Delilah slip through her fingers. Who knows? She might have done the same thing. Luckily for her though, she didn't let the opportunity pass her by.

A week had passed since the cabin and everyone settled into their normal routines again. Cyn and Emma went back to work. Delilah started thinking up wedding ideas. She and Dani sat at her kitchen counter looking at dresses.

  "Oh I love this one. Look!" Dani pointed as she ate another spoon of frosting.

  Delilah dipped her spoon into the container and looked at the dress Dani was trying to show her. "Ooo. That one is pretty." She grabbed the red marker she was using and circled it. She had a board of wedding things she loved so she wouldn't forget. She would come back to the magazine and cut that picture out later.

  "So, are you guys thinking about a big or small wedding?" Dani asked. "Also, I'm kind of offended you haven't hired me yet." She said rolling her eyes. She was THE best event planner there was, with a specialty in weddings.

Delilah laughed. "We figured you'd just want to be a guest. Didn't know you wanted to work."

"What!? I love my job. I'm hiring myself."

"Fine." Delilah shrugged. "But I will warn you now, Emma's bridezilla is already showing."

  "Then I shall tame her." Daniella shoved another spoonful of the frosting into her mouth. The doorbell chimed.

  "I do the taming when it comes to her."

  Dani smirked. "I'd like to see it."

  Delilah laughed as she walked away to answer the door. "I'm telling Miguel you said that."

  "Snitch!"

  Delilah opened the door to see her tía standing there. It was unexpected but nice. "Hey! Come in." They embraces each other as she walked inside. Delilah's eyes drifted to the box of chocolates she had under her arm. "Oh! Gimme."

  Bell slapped her hand. "These are not for you."

  "Well who are they for if not for me?" Delilah asked.

  "Cynthia. She nearly at the entire box when we were at the cabin. Thought she'd enjoy more." Bell looked around. "Is she here?"

  "She'll be here soon." Delilah raised an eyebrow. "You took a flight across the country to bring my girlfriend a box of chocolates?"

  Bell placed the box on the coffee table and sat down like the regal queen she is. "Don't be silly. That's not the only reason. I wanted to see how the wedding planning is coming along."

  "Dani!" Delilah called her best friend into the living room. "Let's ask my official wedding planner."

  "Hi, Isabella!" Dani said.

  "Hi, dear." Bell replied. "So your running this show now?"

Dani smiled and sat next to her. She loved Bell. She had such a domineering energy. It was hard to stay away from. At least to Dani. "I am. I just had to beg my best friend to hire me."

  "Shut up!" Delilah said as she sat down in the armchair.

  "I'm so excited. When are you going dress shopping? Can I come?" Bell asked.

  "Of course, tía. I wouldn't dream of going without you." Delilah said. "Can I seriously not have one of those chocolates?" Delilah asked again. They were her favorite and had been since she was a child.

"You seriously may not, young lady. They are for Cynthia." Bell reminded her.

"Yeah. Young lady." Dani echoed.

  "Didn't realize you two were so close." Delilah crossed her arms and tried not to pout. She was jealous and her friend could see it all over her face. Dani chuckled.

  "Oh stop your pouting. She's a sweet girl. I just like her company." Bell said. It was true. Cyn's dazzling personality casted a spell on most people. It was hard not to love the little ray of sunshine.

  Delilah heard the key in the door. "Speak of the devil."

  Cyn walked in and saw everyone sitting in the den. She smiled. She was only expecting to see Delilah which would have been fine but now they had friends over! "Hi, guys!" She walked over and gave her Daddy a kiss.

  "Hi, baby." Delilah said. "Tía bought you something."

  Cyn perked up at the mention of a gift. "Ooo what??"

  Bell snickered and handed her the box. "Just a little something."

  "Oooo these are the best chocolates ever." Cyn said inspecting the box. She remembered them from the cabin. Bell let her eat almost the entire box. Her Mommy and Daddy would have never let her get away with that.

  "Yes, well, don't let your girlfriend eat them all. She's been eyeing them since I arrived."

  Cyn giggled. "Thank you, Bell."

  "You're welcome, cutie pie. Now I must be going." Bell said as she stood.

  This time Cyn had no way of hiding her blushing face. She smiled and lowered her gaze to the floor.

  Delilah rolled her eyes and ironically scoffed at her girlfriend's reaction. Her crush on Bell was harmless and she actually thought it was kind of cute. Only because she knew deep down neither of them would ever betray her. "Already?" Delilah asked. She wasn't ready for Bell to go yet.

  "Mhm. I'll be around for a while, dear, but I have a meeting at four. Your father has business he wants me to tend to for him."

  Delilah checked the time. "Tía, its four thirty."

  "Yes, love, but it's more fun to make them sit and wait like the good boys they are." She winked at her niece and chuckled darkly.

  Delilah shook her head. "I'll walk you out."

  Daniella turned to Cyn when they were alone and smirked wickedly. "I think I'm in love with Isabella."

  "Same." Cyn covered her mouth and giggled.