Under Lock and Key

Delilah delivered Emma's lunch to her. It was clear that she was going to work and eat at the same time so Delilah left her to it. She sat back down at her desk and ate her own lunch. Just as she was finishing up and tidying the desk a dark haired woman approached her. She smiled down at Delilah.

"You are... not Tracy." The woman's eyes looked over the beautiful stranger. She wouldn't be upset if she saw more of her.

Delilah chuckled. "No, I'm not. I'm sorry."

Lori flashed her most impressive smile. "Please. Don't be."

That made Delilah laugh. "I'm just filling in for today."

"Only today? That's a shame." The woman frowned.

Delilah wanted to be careful with Emma's colleagues. She didn't want any of them thinking they had any chance at what was Em's. Lilah smiled and nodded to the folder in the woman's hand. "Would you like me to take that to Miss Evans?"

"I'll take it to her myself."

Delilah nodded. "Okay." She turned around and started to do something on the computer. The woman lingered for a second longer contemplating if she should invite this woman to dinner or not. She decided against it. It was bad taste to pursue romantic endeavors on the clock. Nobody had time for a sexual harassment lecture. She walked into Emma's office after a quick knock and closed the door behind her.

Emma looked up from the chicken salad and crackers she was eating. She smiled when she saw who it was. "Hey, Lori." She wiped her hands and grabbed the folder from her colleague's hands. "I could have came to get this. Thank you."

Lori smiled and sat down in the seat across from Emma. "Don't mention it. I'll bring you whatever you want if I get to see her more often."

Emma chuckled. "Who is her?" She asked, flipping through the newly delivered folder.

"Your new assistant. She's hot."

"Her name is Delilah." Emma smirked. "She's not my assistant but she IS my girlfriend." Emma shot her friend a knowing look.

The color drained from Lori's face. "I didn't know. Swear. I'm sorry."

  Emma shook her head and laughed. "It's fine. I mean, she is hot."

  Lori nodded. "That's for sure."

  Emma shook her head. "Don't push it, Lo"

  She chuckled. "Why do you have her working for you?"

  "I don't. She surprised me. She was sitting there when we got out of that meeting." Emma opened one of her desk drawers looking for a permanent marker. Instead she found her girlfriend's panties. She smiled and shut the drawer.

  "Lucky."

  Emma smiled brightly. "I really am. How is it going with that one woman you were seeing?" She asked as she typed. It was rare that Emma ever really stopped working. There was always something to do. Something to read. Something to improve.

Lori shrugged. "It wasn't really a good fit."

"Why not?"

"We were like complete opposites. I could tell it wasn't going to work."

"I'm sorry. It seemed like you really liked her." Emma frowned.

"I did but whatcha gonna do, you know? Does Delilah have any single sisters? An identical twin perhaps." Lori wiggled her eyebrows as a sly smile appeared across her face.