Time Travel

"Okay." Delilah said after she fastened her seatbelt. "Where are we going?"

"Home." Emma answered.

"Excuse me?" Delilah asked. They were home. They were leaving their home as they spoke. Emma and Cyn wouldn't have bought a new place without her. At least, they shouldn't have. Out of the three, Delilah was probably the most particular about things. Any large purchase without her input would be a mistake. She didn't even want to imagine the house the two of them would buy together, left alone.

Cyn leaned to the front in between her girlfriends. "We're going back to where it allllll started. Where little Delilah befriends a small blonde girl named Emma. We're taking you to where the journey begins!" She said dramatically.

"Well, kind of." Emma added. "Also, you, sit back and put your seat belt on." She watched Cyn from the rear view mirror.

Cyn had taken her seat belt off as soon as her Daddy put it on her. She loved road trips and was too excited about everything to sit still. Now, she quickly sat back and strapped her safety belt back on under her Mommy's gaze. She smiled sweetly when the task was completed.

Delilah smiled and laughed softly. "Really??" They didn't grow up too far from where they were now. Still she hadn't been there in ages.

  "Yup." Emma smiled. She was happy to see the positive reaction. "Well, we'll be close anyway. I rented a lake house for us not too far away from Losten." Losten was the city they grew up in. It was smaller than where they lived now but just as exciting. At least for Delilah. She lived in the busiest part. Emma lived in the boring suburbs They had some of the greatest memories in their hometown. Delilah and Emma visited the lake many times in their teens. It was their place. When either of them were sad or stressed or just wanted to get away for a bit that's where they went. Sometimes together. Other times alone.

  Delilah relaxed in her seat and looked out the window as she smiled. This was going to be a great vacation. She couldn't wait to get there. She would show Cyn all the places and things she liked to do when she was younger. It would be so much fun. Plus they would be by the lake. They could swim and kayak. Maybe the old rope swing would still be there. It would be a blast. Delilah sat up and turned around to face her girlfriend in the back seat. "Do you want to have a baby?" Delilah asked. The thought was still in her mind. She wanted to be a mother. Sooner than later. With each passing day the desire burned brighter than before.

"Are you asking me if I want to have a baby or raise a baby?" Cyn asked.

"Either. Both." Delilah said.

"I want to carry one eventually but not right now. I would love to raise one though. Why? Did Mommy get you pregnant??" Cyn asked.

"I wish." Delilah mumbled. Emma glanced at her and smirked. She wished too. "I was just wondering. It's not something we've ever discussed." Delilah turned back around and started scrolling through her phone.

  Cyn fiddled with her fingers and chewed her lip. "You guys take me seriously enough to have a baby with me?" She asked. She knew how she felt about them. She definitely always wanted to be with them but she knew she didn't want to be married like they did. She didn't know if that made them look at her differently.

  Delilah turned back around, completely unsure if she heard her girlfriend correctly. Emma also looked at her in the mirror's reflection. "What did you say, Cynthia?" Emma asked her. She used her full name to help keep her in a big space. Cyn had the habit of shrinking into little space when she was nervous and Emma didn't want that.

  "I..." Now Cyn felt nervous. What if she didn't get a good answer. What if Delilah was just asking for the sake of asking. "Nothing." She said wishing she could take it back.

  "No. Tell us what you said." Delilah said.

  Cyn absently played with her hair and shrugged. "I was just saying. I didn't know you guys took me seriously enough to have a kid with me."

  "Why wouldn't we?" Delilah asked.

  "Are you not in a serious relationship with us?" Emma asked.

  "Well yeah but like... we're not going to be married." Cyn said.

  "Do you... want to be married?" Delilah asked. She was confused.

  "No! I don't but," Cyn was growing frustrated with her own inconsistency. She didn't want to be married. She knew that for sure but she didn't know how to convey what she felt. Honestly it was just insecurity nagging away at her. "I just don't feel as adult as you guys sometimes. I didn't know if you two trusted me with such a big thing."

  "We trust you just as much as we trust each other, Cyn." Delilah said.

  "Which is completely. You're just as important to me as Delilah." Emma added.

Delilah nodded in agreement. "And as Emma is to me. We're all in this together." It wasn't a competition or about who knew who first. It was all love. Delilah felt just as deeply for Cyn that she did for Emma. Together they made Delilah's heart full.

Well that was nice to hear. It made Cyn feel better. "I love you both."

"I love you." Delilah said.

"I love you too." Emma added.

"I hope we have a boy." Cyn said.

"Nobody's pregnant yet, Cyn." Delilah chuckled.

"Yeah I know but when we are. By the way... who would actually get pregnant? Mommy, right?" She asked.

"Nope." Emma answered.

  "Daddy! You're going to look so hot pregnant." Cyn bit her lip. Just imagining it made her tingle.

  "Someone has a pregnancy kink." Emma chuckled.

  "I see." Delilah smirked and turned around.

  The rest of the car ride was fairly quiet. Especially after Cyn fell asleep. She brought hopper and legs with her. The three of them were cuddled in the back seat for the nap. The car finally came to a stop and the two front seat passengers got out.

"It's just as pretty as I remember." Delilah said.

"Just not as pretty as you." Emma flirted.

"Stop it." Delilah said but she couldn't hide her smile.

Emma kissed her. "Wake Cyn and I'll start taking the luggage inside."

"Oh. Give me the hard job."

Emma chuckled and  grabbed the first suitcase. "Love ya."

"Uh huh." Delilah said as she watched her girlfriend walk into the cabin. She looked around a little bit and took a deep breath of the clean crisp air. It was fresh and felt good to inhale. The scent of nature was overwhelming and beautiful. She stretched and smiled to herself thinking about how nice doing her yoga and meditation would feel out there. Emma knew her so well. She opened the back door and rubbed Cyn's back. "We're here, princess."