Flashbacks

Two days passed and Cyn wanted to surprise Emma at work. She had never actually been to her office before and was excited to see where her Mommy spent most of her day. She stepped off the elevator and approached a desk occupied by a woman busy typing. She looked up at Cyn and stopped her keyboarding.

"How can I help you?" Tracy asked. Emma was very particular about who she let disturb her day. It was Tracy's job to make sure only the essential people made it to her office. A job she took very seriously.

  Cyn smiled. "Hi, I'd like to see Emma."

  "Do you have an appointment?" Tracy asked.

  "Um.. no." Cyn shook her head. "I'm Cyn. Can you just tell her I'm here?"

  Tracy eyed her for a moment before picking up the phone. Before she could push the button to ring her boss's desk phone, Emma came out of her office. She was on the way to Tracy's desk to hand her something. She smiled when she saw Cyn standing there.

  "Tracy could you make sure this reaches James?" She asked.

  "Of course and Cyn is here for you." She motioned to the woman next to her.

  Emma chuckled. "Tracy this is Cynthia, my girlfriend. Cyn this is Tracy, the woman that keeps me in line. Probably wouldn't have a job without her."

  Tracy tried not to look so surprised at the title Emma gave this woman. She was certain it belonged to Delilah. Unless of course she was just reading into their friendship too much. "Hi. Nice to meet you."

  "You too! You probably have the hardest job ever." Cyn said. Tracy laughed softly.

  Emma glared at Cyn from the corner of her eye. "Watch it." Cyn giggled. Emma turned her attention to Tracy. "Put me out for lunch. A long lunch." Emma thought about getting back to work after Cyn left and it annoyed her. "As a matter of fact, if the lunch goes over an hour just call us done for the day."

  Tracy laughed. "Yes ma'am."

  "Pleeeaaase." Cyn reminded her Mommy about manners.

  Emma sighed. She constantly told Cyn to use please and thank you in the midst of her excitement. She couldn't be a hypocrite. "Please, Tracy. Thank you."

  Tracy smiled. She didn't mind when Miss Evans doled out demands. She understood how busy Emma was and sometimes politeness just took a back seat. No big deal. "You're welcome."

Emma grabbed Cyn's hand and pulled her to her office. She sat at her desk and Cyn sat on her lap. "Hi, sweetie."

"Hi, Mommy."

"What are you doing here?" Emma asked.

"Surprise!!" Cyn shouted and tossed her arms up.

Emma chuckled. "Mmm. I liked this surprise. Come here."

Cyn leaned into a deep kiss. Emma bit her lip before teasing Cyn's tongue with her own. Cyn let her fingers get tangled in Emma's hair as she got lost in ther lip lock.

Emma smiled when she broke their kiss. "I like this surprise a lot. Did you already eat lunch?"

Cyn shook her head no and grabbed her growling tummy. "No and we're starving!"

"Well we better do something about that." Emma closed her laptop and started putting things away. "Let's go, baby."

  While they were riding in Emma's car, Cyn's phone interrupted their conversation. "Sorry. It's Harper." Cyn said before answering. "Hello?"