A Loaded God Complex

A few days passed since Cyn's day and it was now the weekend. The triad was home together but everyone was spending time on their own. Cyn was in the guest room listening to music and texting her friends. Emma was in the office working on some things she'd neglected during the week and Delilah was in the bedroom online shopping. All of them were happily in their own space. It was a blast living together but with three very different personalities, it could seem a bit crammed at times. It was good for all of them to take a break from each other. Besides that, codependency is very real and none of them wanted to cross the line between enjoying quality time and absolutely needing to be in the other's presence to function. Emma did that once. It would benefit her and the others greatly if it never happened again.

Delilah searched and clicked to her heart's desire as she surfed the web finding the perfect shoes and outfits to go with them. This was even more fun when you weren't spending your own money. Thank you, Emma. This was Delilah's reward for her perfect behavior lately. What was better than a shopping spree from the comfort of your bed with a glass of wine? Nothing. That's what. Delilah had been at it so long she actually felt drunk now. She put the last thing in her cart and purchased it all. She absently ran her fingers of the key keyboard before she remembered what disc was inside of her laptop. She clicked the media player but nothing happened. She clicked it again. Same thing. She ejected the tray and there was nothing there. Confused she got up from the bed and started to look for it in her dresser where she sometimes keeps it. It was not there. Delilah tried to be rational. The last thing she wanted to do was freak out over nothing. The disc had be there. Somewhere. She sat down on the floor and forced herself to breathe. She could have sworn she left it inside of her laptop. That's the last place she could remember having it. However, with all of their moving and rearranging she or someone else could have mistakingly misplaced it. Delilah got up and checked the miniature bookshelf she kept in the bedroom with all of her favorite works. Nothing. She went downstairs to the larger bookcase. The DVD collection. Between the cushions of the couch. Nowhere to be found.

Now she started to panic. That DVD was the only way she could remember the details of that night. It's what made it real to her. That recording helped her feel not so crazy. At times it was almost like she was making it up. Maybe it wasn't as bad as she thought. She'd get lost in delusion and that disc was her anchor in reality. She needed it. As sick or confusing as it may sound, having that recording helped her feel a little empowered. Where could it be. Who would..... Delilah snapped her head up. She got up and marched into the home office. When she walked in Emma was on the phone but she didn't care. "Where is it?"

  Emma furrowed her brow with confusion. She had no idea what she was talking about. "Okay. I have to go. Thanks again. Goodbye." Emma ended the call and looked up at the clearly angry woman standing in front of her. "Do you mind telling me what's going on?"

  "Where. Is. It?" Delilah asked again. She knew she left the disc in the laptop. Cyn wouldn't have removed it without tell her. Emma was the only other person with access to it.

"Where is what, Delilah?" Emma asked.

"The security footage, Emma. What did you do with it?"

"I threw it away." Emma said simply.

The color drained from Delilah's face. "You.... did what?!"

"I threw it away. I didn't like you watching it. You were only further traumatizing yourself."

Delilah stared at her blankly. "Stop." There's no way Emma was being serious. She wouldn't have done that without Delilah's consent. "I'm not in the mood to joke. Just give it to me. I won't watch it right now. I just want to have it."

"I'm not joking. I threw it in the trash. I don't want you to have to see that ever again." Emma stood up and approached the teary eyed woman. "I did this for you. You're my responsibility and I wanted to take care of your mind and emotions."

Delilah's hands balled into a fist as she clenched her jaw. "That wasn't up to you, Emma!" Delilah shouted. "You had no right! You know what that recording meant to me!"

Emma tried to calm Delilah down by gently touching her shoulder but she pulled away from her.

"Don't touch me!" Delilah spat. "You didn't do this for me! You did this for you. It made you uncomfortable so you wanted it gone."

"That's not true, Delilah. I did it so you could stop torturing yourself! That woman hurt you, temporarily stole your sanity, and nearly left you broken or did you forget? I didn't. I remember every minute because I was right there and I'll be damned if I keep letting you live in the past or destroy all the progress you've made!" Now Emma had tears in her eyes just thinking about all the pain Delilah endured that night and after.

"You are so unbelievably selfish and controlling. It's unreal! It's not about you or what you want! I needed that recording for me. ME. It's MY trauma to relive. It's my choice. My life."

"Are our lives not intertwined at this point!?" Emma asked.

Delilah reached behind her and took her necklace off. "Not anymore." She tossed it on the desk before storming out.

Emma grabbed the necklace and it registered what just happened. "Delilah!" She called as she ran behind her.

"No. Leave. Me. Alone!" Delilah said as she slid on the only pair of tennis shoes she owned. "You know, if that's not too much to ask."

Cyn came downstairs because she thought she heard yelling over her music. She was right. She walked in at the tail end of a screaming match between her lovers. They were both upset. "What's going on?" She asked.

They both looked up, unaware that Cyn was present for their unraveling. Delilah glared at Emma. "Ask her." With that she left the house in a fury.