Moving Target

Delilah walked through her front door and hung her keys on the holder. Her meeting was longer than she expected and she was happy to be home. At least for a little while until it was time to have lunch with Cyn's family.

"Mistress!" Delilah called out as she slipped her heels off and walked into the kitchen. She was carrying a handful of mail and a package.

  Emma came downstairs and heard shuffling in the kitchen. "Yes, honey."

  Delilah stopped what she was doing. She looked over at the blonde leaning against the wall. "Honey?"

Emma shook her head and wrinkled her forehead. "I didn't like that one either." Most of the day Emma was playing with different nicknames she wanted to call Delilah. Babe and baby worked but she wanted it to be something just for her. Something special that she could call her even when people were around. It would be only for Emma to use. Something sweet but still let her feel the power she had.

Delilah chuckled and picked up the little box that was sitting at the door when she arrived. "Getting mail here now, are we?" She handed it to Emma.

  She shrugged. "Well I am here more than my house."

  Delilah tapped the counter with her nails. "Is that a bad thing?" She asked.

  "No. Just an observation. It's like we live together. So I assumed when it came, I would be here. I was right." Emma said. She started opening the box but couldn't get past the tape. She grabbed the scissors and started working on it.

  "What if we did live together?" Delilah asked. She was nervous to see Emma's reaction so she looked down at the other mail on the counter. She shuffled through them, pretending to be interested.

  Emma looked up from her cutting. "What do you mean what if we lived together?"

"Um.. nothing. Forget I said it." Delilah's nerves got the best of her. She neatly filed her mail and began to walk away to her office.

  "No. Come here." Emma ordered her.

Delilah walked over to the table where her love was sitting. "Yes, Mistress?"

"Sit."

"In the chair?" Delilah asked. She wasn't sure if she meant on her knees or not.

Emma nodded and waited for her girlfriend to be seated. "Do you want to live together?"

"Not if you don't." Delilah answered, kind of.

Emma gave her a warning look. "You know that's not an answer, Delilah."

"You're not ready, and that's okay. I don't want to rush you."

"Who said I wasn't ready? You didn't give me a chance." Emma said calmly.

Delilah had been playing with the idea for a while, about them living together. About them all living together. She wasn't sure how it would work, but when it came to their relationship, nobody ever did. That was nothing new. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'd like to come back to this conversation when we have more time to discuss it thoroughly." Emma looked down at her watch. It was just about time for them to leave.

  "Okay."

  She gently grabbed Delilah's face and her attention. "That's not a no. Do you understand?"

  "Yes, Mistress."

  "I do want to live with you, but there's just more I'd like to know."

  "Okay. Thank you, ma'am." Delilah was thankful Emma told her that otherwise it would be gnawing away at her until they could talk about it again.