On Cyn's Day We Wear Pink

Cyn sat in Delilah's lap and laid her head on her shoulder as the other woman quietly read. It was the middle of the week but Cyn took some time off. Lately work had been mentally draining and she needed a break from it all. The customers, the employees, the books. It was all starting to get to her. She left Timothy in charge and just prayed the store was still standing when she returned.

  Delilah finished reading the page she was on and put her book down. Her little girl seemed exhausted. "Hi, baby."

  "Hi." Cyn cuddled closer and rubbed her face into Delilah's sweatshirt. It was soft and smelled just like her.

  It wasn't like Cyn to be so lethargic and apathetic as she had been the entire morning. Delilah was concerned. "What's wrong, princess?"

Cyn shrugged. "I just feel... blah."

"Do you feel physically ill?"

Cyn shook her head. It wasn't her body. It was her mind. Her emotions seemed all out of wack.

Delilah understood without having to ask. She'd been in that exact same boat more times than she cared to admit. It felt bleak and lonely. She didn't want that for her girlfriend. "Okay. So let's cheer you up."

"Okay." Cyn lifted her head up.

  "Today is Cyn's day. Whatever you want, you get." Delilah announced.

  A little smile slid across Cyn's face. "Cyn's Day?"

Delilah nodded. "Mmhm. Say the word and I'll make it happen."

  "Whatever I want? Like, anything?"

  "Anything."

  Cyn got up and went to the kitchen she came back with a few chocolate chip cookies in her hand. Usually she wasn't allowed to have that kind of snack until after lunch time. "Anything."

  Delilah chuckled. "Uh huh."

  Cyn giggled and stuffed a cookie in her mouth. "This is already the best day ever!" She sat back on Delilah's lap and put a cookie to her mouth. "Eat it Daddy."

"It's too early for cookies for me."

"You said anything I want! I want you to eat one too!" Cyn said.

Delilah opened her mouth.

"Yay!" Cyn wiggled back and forth on Delilah's lap as they shared her handful of cookies. When they were finished, Cyn brushed her hands on her legs and thought about what her next activity would be. "Can we call our friends and go to the mall?"

"What friends?" Delilah asked. She was happy to see how quickly Cyn's mood changed. She never understood how Cyn and Emma gained energy from talking and being around people. While Delilah loved time with her friends and family dearly, she loved it most when it was quiet and she was alone or she could share silence with her lovers. Walking aimlessly throughout the mall didn't sound like a good time to her but she was willing to do anything to put a smile on her girl's face.

"Nessa and Dani!" Cyn thought for a moment. She wanted her Mommy to leave work but knew that wasn't a fair request. Too bad Natalie was at work. "Can Dre and Brandon come too??"

"It's your day, sweets." Delilah reminded her.

Cyn smiled and gave Delilah a kiss before running to their room to get ready.

  Before they got to the mall, Delilah made Vanessa and Dani aware that Cyn was having an off day so to be extra nice to her. Not that either of them were ever mean to her. She just wanted people to be careful with her fragile angel. Cyn held Delilah's hand as they walked through the parking. Delilah was listening to the shorter woman's story about something that happened when she was younger. The story had been going on for some time now and honestly Delilah wasn't sure what was happening at this point in the narrative.

"Isn't that crazy, Daddy!?" Cyn asked.

"Yeah. Wild." Delilah answered as she pushed her sunglasses into her hair.

Dani spotted them before they saw her. She whistles at the couple the way Miguel does when he wants your attention. He actually picked that up from Juan so Delilah heard the distinctive whistle right away. She turned around and smiled when she saw her friend. They embraced before she hugged Cyn.

"Hey!" Cyn said cheerfully. She let her hug with Dani linger a while longer.

  "Hey, cutie." Daniella squeezed Cyn back.

"Dani! Today is Cyn's day. We can do whatever I want. Lilah said so."

"A whole day?" Dani asked. "Hm... I'll have to inform Miguel about this."

Cyn laughed and then she spotted Vanessa walking towards them. She was on the phone chatting away with Harper. She waved to everyone as she got closer. "Okay." Vanessa said before she handed her phone to Cyn.

  "Hello?" Cyn answered.

  "Cynthia, what's wrong? Nes said you were having a bad day." Harper was concerned about her little sister. Cyn walked away from the group while she spoke with her sister.

  While she was on the phone, Delilah decided to introduce Dani to Vanessa. She saw the way Vanessa was checking Dani out. "She's taken and so are you."

  "A girl can look." Vanessa smirked.

  "Not at my brother's girlfriend." Delilah said. Dani chuckled.

  "Fiiiine." Vanessa huffed. Cyn came back and handed her the phone. "Okay, babe. I'll talk to you later."

  "Bye, baby." Harper cooed before she ended the call.

Before Cyn could properly greet Vanessa she was grabbed from behind by two muscular arms. She shrieked as they motion scared her.

"Hey!" Daniella said before punching the guy's side that had Cyn in his grip.

"Ow!!" Andre immediately let go of his little friend and held his rib. "Fuck! What is your problem!?"

  "Oh god! I'm so sorry." Daniella realized who Dre was. "I didn't recognize you! You cut your hair. It looks nice."

  Dre was still leaned over clutching his side. "Yeah. Thanks." He finally stood up after the pain subsided. "You hit hard as hell."

Dani smiled. "Thank you."

  Delilah chuckled as Cyn looked around. "Where's Brandon?"

"He uh... was with another friend and decided it was best not to come." He said nervously.

"Oh." Cyn knew who the other friend was and while she was kind of disappointed that Brandon didn't come along, she was happy he was keeping her away.

  Delilah grabbed her hand and kissed it. She didn't want Cyn thinking about Amerah. She didn't want to think about Amerah. "Sooo... what's first?" Delilah asked.

  Cyn already had the entire day planned out in her head. Their mall was huge and the surrounding area had plenty of stores and attractions. The possibilities were basically endless "First, Candyland!"