Prologue

I remember the first time I met my new pack. It was on the last day of summer when my parents and I arrived in Tallahassee, Florida. For some odd reason my wolf had called me to this state at a young age. I was great friends with the strongest Alpha is Florida so he said he would take us to a pack in need of my guidance. Now you must be wondering how a fifteen-year-old GIRL can guide a pack. Well I’m glad you’re inquisitive enough to find out. Now if this were a movie this would be the scene where they would cue the flashback but since this isn’t I’ll let you drift into my memory.

  I was in the car with my parents and the Alpha of the strongest pack in Florida when I let down the window to have some fresh air. I breathed in the woodsy smell and the faintest smell of wolves. I almost smiled to myself as I watched the clouds go by and the sunrays hit my milk chocolate skin but the moment was gone when Alpha Matthew cleared his throat interrupting me. I swiftly looked at him and saw a smile on his face.

“I said how you like Tallahassee so far?” he asked. I shrugged thinking about how different it was from home.

  “It’s not as busy as Miami,” I said and he laughed.

 “That’s right,” he said proud of his city.

 “But it’s not like home either,” I added feeling a little sad for leaving South Dakota for the sunshine state.

 He nodded in response and it went silent again. I looked at my mom and dad in the backseat they smiled at me and I smiled back at them. It took five more minutes until we reached a pearly white mansion. I was slightly nervous since I knew this was going to be my new pack home and I wanted to make a good first impression. As soon as the car cut off, I hopped out stretching my legs and arms out. An arm ran across shoulder and I looked up to see Matthew staring at the mansion.

 “Ready?” he asked and I nodded looking at my parents. My mom grabbed my hand and gave it a quick squeeze before releasing it and my dad gave me a nod. As we walked toward the house, I could hear someone coming towards the door. When it opened there stood a boy to be around my age.

 “Alpha Matthew,” he said extending his hand.

 “Alpha Landon,” Matthew said shaking it.

My eyes widen when he said that this boy in front of me was the Alpha.  No wonder I was supposed to be here there was a boy running the pack. I relaxed a bit and let my gaze fall on him. He was slightly taller than me with smooth pale skin. He had dirty blond hair and sky blue eye with high cheekbones and a strong jaw line with a dimple in his chin. I looked at the rest of his body he wasn’t as built as most Alpha’s were but he did have a figure to look at. Lastly, my eyes travelled towards his lips they were full and pink. I let out a sigh and looked past him as a woman who looked very similar to him came into view.

“Hi my name is Elizabeth,” she said extending her hand to Matthew. He shook it. “Well we shouldn’t keep our guest waiting any longer. Come on in.”

We followed Matthew in and as I brushed past Landon, I got this weird sensation through my body. At the time, I just thought it was his Alpha aura but I know better now. We followed Elizabeth to the backyard where the whole pack was waiting for us. Immediately, Matthew cleared his throat catching everyone’s attention and started to speak.    

“Hello, friends of the Raven pack. As you already know, I am Alpha Matthew and this here is one of my most beloved friends Rosa Knight and her parents, Kevin and Susan Jackson. As you, all may know the rumors of a she-wolf warrior roaming all fifty states,” he paused then continued, “that is why I asked her and her family to come to your pack. With her knowledge and fighting skills she can help put this pack back together and make it stronger than it was before.”