I. You're hired

The sound of your alarm woke you up as soon as it ringed. You managed yourself to get some sleep despite your excitement. Today you have the most important work meeting of your life: you were one of the chosen ones to be part of the makeup and hair team at the new Star Wars movie.

This was probably the most huge opportunity of your life. You had some big gigs in your career, but nothing as important than this. We were talking about being part of one of the world's most famous saga of all time. Just imagine working with such people make you nauseous and a chill went down your spine.

You got out of bed to pull your curtains open, you live on a high floor at a building in New York and the view was amazing. That was the main reason for choosing it. You live with your roommate, Audrey. You two were friends since high school, and you decided to live together at the age of 21. She is a nurse, the total opposite of you. With her job, you don't see her that much because she is on call a lot of days of the week, but you two hang out all the time that you could.

You went to your bathroom, to take a quick shower before starting your morning. As you passed by, you saw your outfit ironed, perfumed and ready to be put on. You took a shower just thinking and fantasizing about what would you do if you actually got the job. Only thinking about it makes you feel so happy. Either you got it or not, it would be a huge opportunity to even go to the meeting.

You got out of the shower, blow-dried your hair, and put on some makeup, not much but enough to make you look professional and clean. Then, you went back to your room and put on your outfit. It was the end of the winter so you choose to put some long black socks, along with a black skirt -not to tight, yet not to lose- a white long sleeve shirt, a black blazer, and some boots -the heel not to high-. You put on a little necklace and some rings and you went off of your room to get some coffee.

Audrey was at the hospital so you were all by yourself. Your apartment was small, but it was really modern. You did most of the decoration and stuff as you were "the creating one" as Audrey liked to say. Everything was minimalistic in tones of black, white and gray. You pour yourself some coffee on a cup and sit on the island table by the kitchen. In front, you had your livingroom and really big windows that let you see that it was a cloudy cold day. You took some sips of your coffee as you check your social media, you still had half an hour before your meeting and it was near your apartment so you relaxed for a bit.

Again you found yourself thinking how great would it be if you actually got the job. You wouldn't get too excited because you don't wanna be disappointed if you didn't get it, but you had a good feeling about it. You didn't wanna screw it up, you formed yourself to be a well-respected makeup artist and you had a great resume so you felt confident.

With that thought in mind, you grabbed your purse, put on a scarf and left the apartment. You took de elevator down and left the building, just in time to catch a cab. You gave the driver the direction and you sat there in silence, breathing heavily as you tried not to be so nervous. You already felt dizzy.

"You alright hun?" the cab driver asked, looking back through the mirror.

"Yeah, sorry," you said, giving him a small smile "its just that I have this big work meeting and I really want this job, so I am kinda freaking out"

"Well don't worry, I'm sure everything is going to be fine", he said, as he smiled back at you. You nodded and look through the window, wishing you were already there.

A few minutes passed and you got to the building. You paid the driver and he wished you good luck as you got off the cab. You walk through the people and entered the building. It was so modern and new, shiny and clean. It smelled amazing. You approach at the front desk to talk to a young woman sitting there.