XII. A day in County Kerry

You spent your night chilling in your room, listening to music and just relaxing. You kept crying, thinking about how dumb you were for falling so much for Adam.

The only thing you wanted to do after that day was to lie in bed, cry your eyes out and not talk to anybody. Aiden texted you, wondering if you would like to go shopping with him tomorrow. It was Saturday and you both have the day off. You agreed to meet him tomorrow morning.

After hours of crying and thinking you decided that it was enough. You stood up, took a long shower and reminded yourself of who you were. You are not the kind of girl that cries over a man, begging for his love. You made a mistake, yes, but you decided it was time to get over it, over him. You must forget everything that happened and move on. You have to be strong, for both of you.

The next morning you woke up and felt as if you had sand in your eyes after all that crying. Your eyes and mouth were swollen because of that, and after putting some makeup on, you managed yourself to hide your tired dried out eyes.

You put on some jeans, boots and a black sweater. Today was a rainy and cold day, so you prepared a coat to go along your outfit. You looked at yourself, you look so sad and tired. You grabbed your purse and tried your best to put a smile on your face. That whiny attitude was over.

You went to knock on Aiden's door.

"Morning angel," he said looking at you "are you ok? You look sick"

"Yeah, I just have a few allergies" you lied, smiling at him.

"Mmm, I'm gonna pretend that a believe you," he said, as you two entered the elevator.

"I'm fine, I promise," you said to him.

The hotel was quiet, some people were having breakfast in the dining room, some of them were walking around the yard, everyone enjoying their free time. Aiden and you went to walk around in Kerry, the county where you were staying. You walked along its streets, taking photos and wandering around. Munster was beautiful, you felt like you were on a Disney story. So much green, open spaces, and so many beautiful houses. Everything looked surrealistic.

You two found a street full of business, such as clothing, decoration, and craft things. Pretty much everything there was craft. You bought some clothes and some scent candles to put on your motorhome back at the set. You bought some pictures too, to hang on the walls, with the logo of your favorite bands. You just wanted it to look like one piece of you, to feel comfortable surrounded by things you loved.

Aiden and you sat on a little restaurant to grab some lunch. It was antique, and everything was made of wood.

"How was it yesterday? Being alone with Adam" He asked, curiously.

"It was okay, you know," you said, sipping water. "We got along fine"

"What did you talked about?" He kept asking.

"We talked about our lives in New York, about what music we like" you replied "normal stuff". You tried your best to not sound interested in him, just answering the questions and not talking about your feelings.

"Did you think about what we talked the other night?" Aiden asked. You moved nervously on your chair, waiting for this conversation to end.

"I did, actually" you started talking, "I think I was too caught up in the moment, because my crush is decreasing" you lied "Once I got to meet him trough out the week, I really don't wanna be involved into that, you know"

"I think I was just fantasizing a lot, and making myself believe that I have a chance with him" you tried to sound secure "But it was platonic, as I said. I'm over my crush for him, we are just working partners" you smiled at him.

He looked at you confused as if he could tell you were lying.

"Well, I'm glad you're over it. Things will be easier from you now on" he said, looking at his food.

Lucky for you he changed the subject and continued talking about something else. You thought about how you lied to him earlier, you didn't want to be a liar but you couldn't tell him the truth either. It was too soon and you didn't even know what was going to happen. You just couldn't tell him "oh yeah you know we totally kissed, he got hard and I was wet as fuck, but you know he remembered he has a wife". No. It was a lot. And you were still ashamed of that.

After lunch, you two kept walking through town, wandering around and taking photos. You were glad you got off the hotel and distracted yourself about everything that was going on. Aiden made it so much easier because he was full of energy and was so funny, he made you forget about everything and you enjoyed a nice day.

Sunset was coming and you two went back to the hotel, exhausted by all the walking you did. Aiden carried your bags and gave them to you once you reach your floor.

"Thanks for today, Aiden," you said, smiling at him "I had a great time and I love spending time with you"

"Me too honey," he said hugging you "now get some rest, we'll see us around"

You entered your room and placed down your bags. You were really tired but so happy that you hadn't thought of Adam all day... well, until now. You put on some music and showered yourself. You had a smile on your face as you sang along with the music, you had such a good day that you didn't want to ruin it with your dumb thoughts.

You got off the shower and you walked to your room.

"Like a virgin, touched for the very first time" you sang, using your hairbrush as a microphone. "Like a virgin, when your heart beats next to mine" you were dancing and looking at yourself in the mirror, looking like a complete fool.

You put on some underwear and started putting some moisturizer down your legs. You decided to put on a robe and watched a movie, as you didn't have to go anywhere and no one was coming to your room.

You started watching Pretty Woman, your favorite movie of all time. You've seen it dozen of times but you still watched it as if it was the first time. You were half trough the movie when you heard your door knocking.

"Shit" you whispered to yourself, pausing the movie. You look at yourself wearing nothing but your underwear and the robe, your hair still wet from your shower "ugh, whatever" you said, as you heard the door knocking again.

"I'm coming!" You said. It was probably Aiden, wanting to hang out. You opened your door while singing the song from the movie.