XLI. False Alarm

Your heart stops beating when you heard him talking.

"What?" You asked, silent tears running down your cheeks. "A miscarriage?"

"I'm sorry darling," Adam said, shaking his head and looking at his hands. "The doctor will explain everything to you"

"I'm gonna let the nurse know she's awake," Daisy said, leaving the room.

"I don't understand," you said, sobbing. Adam sat next to you and hold you tight in his arms.

Soon, a female doctor and a nurse entered the room.

"Check her vitals," the doctor told the nurse. "Y/N, my name is Dr. Briggs. Nice to meet you" she sat next to you and Adam.

"You entered earlier this night with internal bleeding caused by a miscarriage. You lost a lot of blood, so we had to make you a transfusion, your friends here" she pointed Daisy and Domhnall "had the same group of blood as you, so they donated"

You looked at them, shook that they would do something like that for you. You looked at the doctor, confused.

"But I didn't even know I was pregnant," you said. "I had my period regularly"

"It's common, this happens a lot," she said nodding. "The fetus was 8 weeks old"

You sobbed, hearing her words. Adam was tense beside you, looking at the floor.

"We did a small surgery to remove the rests of the fetus inside your uterus" the doctor kept talking. "Unfortunately, you had some internal injuries in your cervix"

"What does it mean?" You looked at her. "Would I be able to have kids?"

"We don't know that yet," she said. "We sent some samples from your cervix and uterus for observation. We will have the results tomorrow morning. For now, you'll stay in observation for 24 hours."

You nodded, with tears falling down your cheek.

"I'm very sorry for this, if there's anything I can do please let me know," the doctor said at you.

"I'm ok, don't worry," you said, cleaning the tears from your face. "Thank you so much, doctor"

She smiled at you and stood up.

"I can only allow one person to stay with her, the others can come back tomorrow on the visiting hours," she said. "I'll come back to check you and with the results tomorrow"

"Thank you, doctor," Adam said.

Daisy and Dumhnall came to your side.

"Thank you so much, I can't believe you did that," you said, while Daisy took your hand.

"Of course we did" she smiled at you.

"We'll go to the hotel and come back tomorrow morning at the first hour," Dumhnall said, touching Adam's back.

"Thank you guys, you really helped me," Adam said, hugging both of them.

"Try to rest, we will see you tomorrow," Daisy said, and afterward they left the room.

Adam sat in front of you and touched your cheek.

"I didn't know you wanted to have kids," he said, with a deep voice. You rested your face on his hand and looked at him.

"Me neither" the tears were on your eyes again. "But I'd like to know I have the possibility if I want"

"I'm so sorry," Adam said, looking down.

"Do you want to have kids?" You asked, haltingly.

He looked up to you.

"Of course I do, I want to have your kids," he said. When you heard him you started crying again.