XLIV. Broke in pieces

"But I don't want you to go," you said, whining and following Adam around the room.

"I know darling, I wish you could come with me," he said, stopping walking and hugging you.

Adam was leaving for New York for two weeks and you were being a baby because you couldn't go with him.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," you said, looking at his face with your arms around his waist.

"I promise that when the movie is done, we'll take a long vacation just the two of us," he said, looking at you and kissing you afterward.

"You promise to call me every day?" you asked, sitting beside his suitcase and folding his clothes.

"Yes, and I'll text you too," Adam said, taking clothes out of the dressing room.

He came out of the dressing room with his hands behind his back and a big smile on his face.

"What?" you asked, looking at his expression.

"I got you something," he said, showing you a velvet red box.

You smiled at him and took the box, anxious to know what it was. You opened it and you gasp looking at the inside. It was a diamond bracelet, made all of rubies, your favorite stone.

"Adam!" you said, breathless looking at the bracelet.

"I know that ruby is your favorite stone," he said, smiling at your reaction. "And wait, look at the hanging stone"

The bracelet had a little stone hanging in the shape of a heart, also made of ruby. You turned it around and saw that it had a date, you look at him not sure of what that date stood for.

"It's the day we met," he said, knowing what you were thinking.

You look at him smiling and pouting at the same time, with tears ready to come down your eyes.

"I love it, thank you," you said, standing up and hugging him.

"You're such a crybaby, I love you," he said, chuckling and hugging you back.

TWO WEEKS LATER.

Tomorrow Adam was finally coming back to Ireland, but you were worried about him. For a few days, he had been acting weird, ignoring your calls, or making them very short, always finding an excuse to hang up on you.

That attitude was starting to hurt your feelings, but you didn't want to make assumptions yet, it was better to wait until tomorrow.

You were getting ready to go to the island when you heard the door knocking.

"Come in!" you yelled from the inside.

Aiden entered the bedroom and stood behind you, with a sad look in his eyes.

"Good morning love," you said, you looked at him from the mirror and turned around when you realized something was wrong. "What's wrong?" you asked.

"Oh honey I hate to be the one to tell you this," he said, looking at his feet.

"Aiden, what's happening?" you asked, annoyed because he didn't tell you what was going on.

He handed you over his phone and you grabbed it. As soon as you saw what Aiden was showing you, you felt your heart dropped to your feet. It was a picture of Adam and his ex-wife, kissing on the streets of New York.

"He is cheating on me?" You whispered, confused.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart" Aiden murmured, looking at you.

You scrolled down the article.

Are they back together? Yesterday evening, our paparazzi caught Adam Driver and his ex-wife on a 'honeyed situation'. Apparently, the couple got together one last time before signing the divorce papers, and things got a little steamy.

Rumor said, they spent the night together at his apartment and the photo was taken right after they got inside the building.

Wasn't he dating another girl? His younger coworker?

Nothing is confirmed yet, but you know what they say, where there was fire ashes remain.

You couldn't finish reading the article since your tears blurred your sight. You gave Aiden his phone back and sat on the bed, with tears already going down your cheeks. You've never felt dumber in your entire life, of course he would cheat on you.

"I'm such a fool," you said, sobbing and with silent tears falling. "I should've known better" you looked at Aiden.

"Screw him," he said sitting beside you and hugging you. "You don't deserve this"

"I was his mistress once, what made me believe he wouldn't cheat on me too?" you asked, red with furious and with angry tears falling down your eyes.

"You are in love baby," Aiden said, rubbing your back "Love is blind".

"I can't believe this," you said, voice cracking. "I don't know what I'm gonna do," you said losing your breath and starting to have a panic attack.

"Listen, Y/N, breathe," Aiden said, trying to calm you down. "You still have a day to decide what you're gonna tell him, remember who you are, don't let him step on you"

You sob, cleaning your tears and nodding at his words.

"I can't be here when he comes back," you said "Can I stay with you tonight?" you asked Aiden whining.

"Of course honey," he said, with a small grin.

You broke down in tears again, feeling completely destroyed. Everything that you felt once, was now disappearing, covered with resentment, mistrust, betrayal, feeling the stupid of the century. Your whole life was falling apart, and your heart ached as if it had been stabbed.

You packed your clothes and left your bag in Aiden's room. The rest of the day, you spent it in silence, suffering in pain, and with an emotionless face. Everyone knew about the article and they just let you be, not talking to you, hugging you in silence. Adam called you a dozen times, but you ignored all of his calls, turning off your phone.

Sometimes, you would start crying, not being able to control your emotions, and you got to excuse yourself from whatever you were doing. This was, by far, the most broken-hearted you've ever felt.

After all you went through, being secret lovers, facing the public judging eye, letting everyone know about you without fear of telling your feelings, planning a vacation together, making trips, him knowing your family and friends, the miscarriage. You've never felt most betrayed, and you weren't sure what to do.

You would never forgive him, not after all you went through together. Your decision only contributed to your aching soul, but you knew the right thing to do was dump him and start your life again, far from him.

Soon the movie would be done, and you will never have to see him ever again. You gave him your heart, and he ripped it in pieces.

Hello everybody!
The upcoming chapter was probably the saddest I wrote, I remember crying when I made it.
Thank you for reading!
Let me know what you think 🤍

-O