XLV. Stronger love

You were emotionless, the pain and suffering made your other senses numb. You felt dead inside, the only thing left was sorrow.

Rian told you to go earlier yesterday because he could see the effort you were doing to remain civil and not to cry in front of everybody.

You spent the rest of the day crying, feeling pity for yourself and your dumbass heart, who would let you fall in love so much with someone that it would blind you from the reality.

People cheat, people betray, people hurt each other. But never, in a million years, you thought that Adam was going to be one of them.

Once again, you fell for a man who only played with you, who used you and changed you for someone else.

Today was Saturday, he was returning from New York and you already knew that shit was about to go down. You spent these days thinking about what are you going to say to him, nothing felt appropriate to express how your heartache.

You were at Aiden's room, laying your head on his chest while he caressed your hair. Silent tears were coming out of your eyes, you couldn't stop them. Ever since you found out about the cheating, your eyes were living fountains.

"I hate seeing you like this" Aiden said. "Can I get you anything? You haven't eaten in more than 24 hours"

You shook your head in sign of denial.

"At least drink some water, you're going to dehydrate," he said, sitting up and grabbing a bottle of water that was on his nightstand.

You sat up and drank almost half of the bottle. After crying so much, water was revitalizing. Aiden looked at you, with a sad grin on his face.

"Thank you," you said, trying your best to smile at him.

"Are you ready to see him? He must be here somewhere, he's going to find out you are here" he spoke.

"I'm not ready, I don't want to end things with him," you said, sobbing. "But what other choice do I have? How can I trust him after this?"

"It's so hard honey" he touched your arm. "Hang in there, soon your mind will clear and you are going to know exactly what to do".

When he finished talking, you heard the door knocking.

"Aiden? I know she is in there" Adam said, on the other side. "Please, I need to talk to her"

Aiden and you were looking at each other, and you nodded at him, standing up. You filled yourself with confidence, ready to face the truth. You were strong, you were a big girl, no man would ever tear you apart.

With that thought in mind, you opened the door. You looked at him, and he was speechless, he didn't think you will answer the door.

You looked at him and walked inside the room again, not saying a word. He entered behind you and closed the door.
You stood up in the bedroom and looked at him, with cero emotion in your face.

"I don't know what to say," Adam said, looking at you. "I know what you're thinking, and I'm sure you're right about everything, but-" he kept talking but you interrupted him.

"How could you?" You said, with your voice cracking.

"Baby, it was not what-" he said, trying to touch you.

"Don't you 'baby' me" You said, almost screaming. "And stay away from me"

He looked at you and tears started to accumulate in his eyes. You looked away, trying to stay strong.