XLVII. Cannes

The day of the festival finally came. Adam ordered breakfast in bed and treat you all day long so that you wouldn't be so nervous about it.

Everything was ready and taken care of, you didn't imagine that going to a festival could take so much work. Adam was used to it but this was your first time and you were impressed with how much it takes.

"Hey there," you smiled at Audrey when you opened the door. She was here to help you get ready. "Hi, Sebastian!" You exclaimed looking at your friend's boyfriend.

Adam and you met Sebastian weeks ago when he and Audrey went for a surprise visit to Ireland. He was a great man and loved Audrey so much. To think that now they were going to have a child together.

"Hey man!" Sebastian said to Adam.

"Congratulations guys, Y/N told me the great news," Adam said, hugging Audrey and then Sebastian.

"Thanks, Adam, we are really happy," Audrey said, smiling at him. You stood up next to Adam and put your arm around his waist.

"Shall we start?" You asked Audrey.

"Yes! I'm so excited" she grabbed your hand and start walking with you. "Boys not allow!" She yelled.

"I'm glad your here to keep me company," Adam said to Sebastian, shaking his head while watching you, and Audrey ran to the bedroom like two little girls. The suite you were staying in, had the bedroom separated from a small living room, so Adam and Sebastian stayed there.

"I can't wait to put the dress on," you said, looking at it hanging in the room.

"You're going to look amazing. I'm gonna put some music and I'll do your hair" she said.

The dress was a lot, so you will keep your hair simple. All Audrey did was straightened it perfectly, and placed it behind your ears.

"So, what do you think I should do?" You asked Aiden, the three of you were FaceTiming and deciding what you should do with your make up.

"We all know the star here is the dress, so you have to make sure that your face is fresh but glamourous," Aiden said. "Audrey show me the dress again"

Audrey flipped the camera and show him the dress, while you started prepping your face.

"Oh, it's stunning" Aiden gasped. "It's a classic 90s design, so keep that in mind. Your makeup should be inspired about that too"

"Ok, I'm gonna start and I'll show you the process," you said.

You started putting your makeup on, while Audrey and Aiden talked. They met when she was in Ireland and they got along so good. She told him about her pregnancy and he got so excited, it made your heart melt with love.

For your makeup, you decided to contour and highlight your face, making it look smooth and glowy. You knew exactly what complimented your face shape, and you made it look angular and sharp.

You kept your eyes simple, but with winged liner and fake lashes, to make the color of them pop. On your lips, you put a nude lipstick, following the 90s trends but with a twist of modern makeup.

"Yes! That's it" Aiden exclaimed, looking at the final result. "Look at you, so pretty. Your highlight is popping!"

"Damn, she's going to be at every portal tomorrow," Audrey said.

"Time for the dress" you smiled at them.

You put on the dress, never in your entire life you felt as sexy and pretty than now. You dreamed of wearing a dress like this for years. It suits you perfectly. All the details, the shoes, the jewelry, all blend in together and made you look like a runway model.

(This is what I picture you wearing)

Of course, you wouldn't choose something simple, you wanted everyone to know that you don't give a damn about what they think of you

Of course, you wouldn't choose something simple, you wanted everyone to know that you don't give a damn about what they think of you. You wanted your strong and confident personality to shine through your outfit. This was Cannes for God's sakes, you have to look as good as this.

"Are you ready?" Audrey asked you.

"I'm so nervous," you said, smiling at her.

"You look breathtaking, Adam is going to die when he sees you," she said. "Ok, I'm gonna go with the boys and you will come then"

"Show me everything!" Aiden exclaimed, still on the call.

Audrey left and you stared at you. You were ready, you fill yourself with the confidence needed to carry a dress like they.

"Alright, come out!" Audrey yelled.

You came out of the room and walked to the living room. Adam was already with his suit on, looking so good that your knees almost failed. He looked at you, and his eyes started to shine, looking more hazel than ever.

"Yessss!" Aiden screamed on the phone. "Show me Adam's reaction" Audrey laughed and recorded Adam.

He was shocked, just looking at you and not being able to say a word.

"So?" You said, spinning and showing him your entire outfit.

"I-I don't," he said, but he shut up, speechless. "Wow," he exhaled heavily, walking to you. "You've never looked more beautiful before, you're perfect," he said, and kissed you. You felt your body melt in his arms, you loved him so much and you were so excited to finally make a public appearance with him.

"Aww" Audrey said, recording everything and with tears in her eyes.

"You look amazing," Sebastian said. "Both of you"

"Thank you" you smiled at him and looked at Adam.

You left the hotel and a limousine was waiting for you at the entrance of the building. Michael, Adam's bodyguard, was there, with the other bodyguards too. There was also his agent, Bill, and his community manager, Kate.

"Kate is going to take care of you," Adam said, while you were going to the festival. "She's going to indicate to you what you have to do"

"Ok, nice to meet you," you said, smiling at her.

"You look stunning. Everyone is going to want to take pictures of you and to interview you, so I'm gonna guide you through it. You just relax and enjoy, I'll take care of the rest" she said, smiling back.

"I'm so nervous," you said, squeezing Adam's hand.

"You don't have to be, everyone will gasp when they see you," he said, smiling at you.

Soon, you arrived at the Palais des festivals et des congrès de Cannes, place were the event occurred.

Hi beautiful people! I can't thank you enough for reading and for all your sweet messages and comments.

I love talking with you❤️

The story it's almost over and I'm feeling emotional. Enjoy the last chapters.

Thank you.

-O