XLII. Back to work.

After two days of being lazy and just resting, you were ready to get back to work. You haven't had any complaints and you felt great. Adam took care of you so well, he was always asking you if you needed something or if you were feeling good. You were so grateful for having him.

In the past few days, you called Audrey to tell her the news. Of course, she freaked out and was ready to get on the next plane to Ireland, but you convinced her that everything was okay and that Adam was taking care of you.

Since she was a nurse, she talked personally with Adam to give him a few care tips, which were no necessary because you felt good, but they insisted on treating you as an ill person.

It was the morning and you woke up feeling Adam breathing deeply on your back. He was such a heavy sleeper, he never heard your alarm so you woke him up every day. You turned around and faced him, planting kisses all over his face.

He started waking up and he smiled at you with his eyes still closed.

"You are my favorite alarm," he said, looking at you.

"I don't know why I do this, you are so spoiled," you said, chuckling.

"Because you love me," he said, and then kissed your lips. You ran your hands through his hair and pushed him closer to you. "Are you sure you are ready to go back to work?" he asked, breaking the kiss.

"I am, I want to feel useful again," you said, looking at him.

"I'll be checking on you at every hour," he said, standing up and going to the bathroom.

You two got ready to leave for the island. The summer in Ireland went within 68 and 70 F, it was not hot at all, but the days were sunny and clear. Adam put on black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt, and a blue jacket. You always were amazed at how he could turn the simplest outfits into such attractive ones. Of course, it was because he was beautiful and he makes everything look more good.

You put on black jeans, a tight white tank top, black short boots, and a leather jacket. While you put on your makeup and did your hair, Adam went to the dining room to get some breakfast for you. He was that man. After you were ready, the two of you left for the island.

When you both entered, holding hands, everyone was already there, greeting you. They put on a 'welcome back' poster and everyone cheered you up.

"Thank you so much!" you said, smiling at everyone. "I want to take advantage of you all being here," you said, letting go Adam's hand. "and to thank you for going to the hospital the other day, you made me so happy"

"I'm feeling great, there's nothing to worry about," you said, while everyone looked at you. "And I want to ask you If you could please not treat me like a person who had just lost her baby. I wanted to be treated equally as everyone else"

"We love you!" Oscar yelled, followed by everyone's response.

Rian approached the both of you.

"I'm sorry for what happened," he said "Please, be free to ask whatever you want"

"Thanks, Rian, we'll get through this," you said, holding Adam's hand again and smiling at him.

"Alright people," Adam said to everybody. "You heard my woman, everyone proceed to do your normal activities"

"Thank you all," you said, and everyone went back to their stations.

"My woman?" you asked Adam, while you walked to your motorhome.

"Yeah, they should not forget who you belong to," he said, winking at you.

"So toxic" you laughed at him.

Lucky for you, everyone behaved normally the entire day. They would sometimes tell you there were sorry or asked you if you were feeling fine, but other than that the day passed as normal as before the incident.

"I just want to say" Daisy moved nervously on her chair. "That I can't imagine how hard it must be"

"It was," you said, placing down your brushes and looking at her. "I've never thought I would want to have kids, but losing one and not even knowing about it," you looked down "it broke my heart"

"I'm so sorry," she said, taking your hand.

"Thank you" you smiled at her. "But now everything is fine and I can have kids whenever I want"

"You will be such a good mom," Daisy said, making you smile again.

Adam did as he told, and every hour he came to where you were and asked you if you feel good or if you needed something.

The movie was coming to shape and it was looking amazing. After months working there, you still were amazed by the special effects, the sounding, the lighting... it was amazing how they could turn the set into a galaxy.

Everything was going perfectly, and within months the movie would be done. That thought gave you nostalgia, soon you will be back in New York and you wouldn't see your friends every day as you were used to. But you were excited to start your life with Adam, outside Ireland.

Good things were coming.