three

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

Friday came around, JJ started to at least greet me whenever we saw each other so I guess that was progress. I've been pretty much only hanging out with Kie, Pope and JJ because it seemed that everybody else in school avoided them and because I hung out with them, they also avoided me... it didn't bother me to be honest.

"How was the first week of school?" My mom asked when we were all having dinner.

"It was chill, nothing magical. I'm still adjusting to the fact that we have a different class for each subject." I said shrugging.

"She was so confused on the first day when she went to second period and the class was completely different. She got out of the classroom to check if she was in the right class." Kie said laughing at my stupidity. I lightly hit her in her arm to tell her to shut up. "Oh I almost forgot! We are going to a party on the beach today. It's to celebrate the first week of school or something." Kie added. Her parents gave her a little speech about being responsible and then we were excused from the table so that we could go and get ready.

"I don't know what to wear. Is this too much?" I asked showing a flowy skirt and a cropped top.

"It's perfect! The guys will be drooling over you." Kie said smiling at me.

Me and Kiara grew quite close during this past week. I mean, she was basically my only true friend here and I literally lived with her. She even created a little nickname for me, Rina, because she says Marina is too big.

As soon as we stepped into the beach we looked around to find Pope and JJ.

"You girls look fire tonight" Pope said. Kie told me he used to be much shyer last year but it all changed during the summer. She also told me that they kissed and still haven't talked about it.

"You don't look too bad yourself" Kie replied with a wink.

JJ handed us both red cups filled with beer. I wasn't a big fan of beer, being more of a vodka or tequilla type of girl but according to Kie that's what kooks drink, not pogues.

"Did they seriously have to be here? Should we go?" Pope asked looking at two boys.

"We can't keep running away from them! Our lives don't revolve around Topper and Kelce and the worst of them is in jail so it's fine. They're harmless." Kie answered looking at the two dudes, rolling her eyes when they looked back at her.

"It's still too fresh, I don't think I can go through the night without punching one of them." JJ said. I noticed the veins on his neck and forehead expanding of rage.

"Don't do anything stupid, my parents already paid a lot of money so that we didn't have to do community service. You know we are walking on thin ice with the police." Kie adverted giving him a death glare. Community service? Police? What the hell did they do last summer?

JJ raised his arms in defeat and said that he wasn't going to cause trouble if they didn't mess with him and strolled away from us, going to flirt with a girl from our school.
I didn't listen to what Pope or Kie were saying, instead I just looked at JJ flirt with the girl while she giggled and thought about what could of happened during the summer.

"Are you looking at JJ? Rina!!" Kie said wiggling her eyebrows.

"What? No! I mean yes but not like that." I replied blushing way too much. JJ was attractive, that was undeniable but he mostly ignored me and was rude. You can't have a crush on someone that is mean to you.

"Sure. I'm going to pretend to believe you." She said laughing and then she dragged me with her to go get more drinks.

" So they are alive... shocking, we haven't seen you since" the blond guy said getting cut off by Kie.

"Fuck off Topper!" Kie said flipping him off.

"And who is this beautiful girl?" Topper asked, completely ignoring Kie and looking me up and down. I frowned not knowing what to do, I knew he meant trouble by the way my friends talked about him.

"Marina." I answered so low that I thought no one would be able to hear it.

"Are you scared of me sweetie? I guess they already painted me as the bad guy to you, huh?" He said stepping closer to me. Kie put her arm in front of me in a protective way but he just pushed it away.

"I'm not scared of you." I said frowning and taking a step closer to him to show that he didn't scare me.

"We have a tough girl here!" He said caressing my cheek. I slapped his hand away from me. "I was not expecting that." He said stepping even closer, I could feel his breath on my eyes but I wasn't about to step down and let him win.

"Just stay away from me and my friends, dude." I said pushing him but he didn't even flinch.

"Back off Topper!" Kie said loudly getting attention from a lot of the people in the party.

"You watch your tone around me, do you hear me?" Topper questioned putting his face at the same level as mine.

"Get the fuck out of here!" I hear JJ yell and then Topper's attention switched to him.

I saw them fight but most of the things they said didn't really make sense to me. Who was Sarah and John B? Because once JJ heard those names, he launched at Topper. They got into a huge fight that was only stopped when Kelce grabbed Topper and Kiara and I put ourselves in front of JJ.

"He is not worth it!" Kie said grabbing his shoulder.

"Did you hear what he said? How can he say that John B and Sarah are dead?! They're not dead! They're out there somewhere!" My head was spinning with all this information that I couldn't make sense of.

"Calm down, please.." I said grabbing his face so that he wasn't facing Topper and Kelce and was now facing me. His face softened a bit and he dropped his hands that were still in fists as if he was ready to punch someone. "They're gone JJ, it's fine" I said releasing his face when I saw that Kelce dragged Topper away from the beach.

Kie instantly hugged him but his attention was still on me. I gave him a reassuring smile and left the friends to talk about whatever happened there while I wandered through the beach.

Who was John B and Sarah and what happened to them?