twenty five

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

After a day of successfully avoiding JJ at school, I was now riding to the chateau in Topper's car.

"I don't really believe that they invited me to hang out with them. I'm just doing this because you're literally my only real friend." Topper said to break the silence.

"Well.. you're about to make three more real friends." I replied smiling up at him.

"That's definitely going to happen." He scoffed.

After a few more minutes of driving, we arrived at the chateau. I had classes until 3pm but the rest of the group had a free afternoon so they were all already in th chateau. We walked side by side and once I got to the front door, I prepared myself for Jj's tantrum.

"Hey guys!" I greeted as soon as I stepped inside the living room. Jj's eyes immediately shot up and focused on the person behind me.

"Oh hell no!" He called out, getting up from the couch and pushing Topper out of the house but also pushing me against the wall in the process. "You're not welcome here."

"Look,man. Rina invited me and I just accepted because she was very convincing, ok?" Topper replied stepping away from him.

"Jj, stop!" I said getting in the middle of them.

"I told you to not bring him here and the next day he just walks through the living room." Jj stated and I could see the anger in his eyes. "Get the fuck out of here." He said now turning to Topper.

"Rina, do yo-" Topper started but got cut off by Jj.

"I told you to get out!" JJ repeated but this time he shoved Topper in the direction of his car.

This infuriated Topper because in the matter of seconds they were on top of each other on the floor fighting. They were both wrong and violence is never the answer but inevitably I was more worried about Jj than Topper and I knew that it was because I liked that boy too much.

"Guys, stop!" I said trying to pull them apart but my strength could not compare to theirs. Pope went and took Topper away from Jj as he was the one on top and the easiest to pull apart. He took him inside and Kie followed him. I understood that they were just trying to give me and Jj privacy. "Are you out of your mind?"

"He threw the first punch!" He protested.

"You pushed him first!" I contended.

"Fine! Defend your little boyfriend. I'm out of here." He sighed and turned his back on me.

"Where are you going?" I asked but he didn't even look back. "Jj, stop!" I said grabbing his arm.

"Let me go." He whispered looking at the ground. "I don't want to be here and see you with him."

"You don't have the right to be jealous. We've had this conversation before. You screwed up!" I said and he finally turned and looked at me.

"You don't have to keep throwing that to my face!" He laughed ironically.

"I do! You don't seem to understand that." I said stepping closer.

"No, I get it! I'm the fuck up." He said also stepping closer.

"You wouldn't be if you stopped only thinking about yourself." I replied and at this point we were centimeters apart.

"The only thing in my mind is you." He whispered and my body froze. He has so much power over me.

In a matter of seconds he attached his lips to mine and as much as my mind told me that I should distance myself from him, my heart stopped me and allowed me to enjoy the moment. We were so glued together that I could feel his heartbeat quicken up. Our lips moved in sync and my hands flew to his hair. We separated slowly, our foreheads rested against one another. Our breaths were fast and irregular, I kept my eyes closed just enjoying the moment.

"I'm sorry for everything." He whispered.

"You really hurt me." I replied finally opening my eyes.

"Please give me a second chance." He murmured.

"Ok but you're going to have to fight to get my trust back." I answered stroking his cheek.

"I'll do anything to get you back. You're extremely important to me, Rina." He replied grabbing my hand that was on his cheek and caressing it.

We walked inside and the room was dead silent. I knew for sure that they were eavesdropping on us and most definitely seeing the fight through the window so they were just pretending to be clueless. I looked at Kie and saw her fighting a smile, I rolled my eyes at her and she just got up the couch and hugged me.

"Let's talk about what we came here to do, alright?" I said as soon as Kie let go of me.

"We already told Topper everything." Pope stated.

"Look, I'm sorry for punching you JJ." Topper said standing up from the couch.

"I don't like you and I have reasons for that but Rina is right, you might be able to help us." JJ said looking down at me and smiling. "I want us to be civil, so I'm sorry for starting the fight."

They shook hands and Pope went to the kitchen to grab the folder with the files to show Topper.

"This is their beach house. I've been there and it's really big." Topper said looking at the files. "This property is not a house, it's a warehouse. I remember my mom talking about it with Ward."

"When was the warehouse bought?" I asked. What if he bought it right before taking the gold there? Maybe he stored it there..

"Here it says that it was September last year." Pope answered.

"This date... isn't this the day that John B's dad went missing?" JJ asked.
"What does that mean?" Kie questioned.

"He was planning on keeping all the gold for himself from the beginning."

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN I wanted to make the fight more dramatic but it just didn't end up happening lol