eighteen

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

Even though Outer Banks is a pretty small town, these guys threw a lot of parties. Today we were celebrating one of our classmates birthday with a party at the boneyard. I didn't know who she was but she invited the whole island so here I am, in Kie's car, going to some stranger's birthday party.

We stepped onto the beach and it was already packed. JJ and Pope were late because they had to do some chores for Mr. Heyward.

"Let's go get some beer." I said pulling Kie's arm to where the keg of beer was.

"That's the birthday girl." Kie said pointing at a tall brunette.

"Oh ok! Should I go say Happy Birthday?" I questioned.

I was still not completely used to the way things work in a small town. I lived in the capital of Portugal so I was used to not knowing half the people I went to school with and here, everybody knows everybody.

"What? No! I mean you can do that if you want to but no one really does it." She said laughing.

"Ok, I'm not going to do it." I said chuckling a bit.

"Uhm.. I'm going to dance, I really like this song. See you in a bit." She said quickly and without letting me answer just walked away from me.

What the hell? I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes and that startled me. I hit the arm of the person who had just done that but after hearing his laugh I relaxed a bit.

"Jesus, Topper! You scared the living shit out of me." I said hitting his arm again once he took his hands off of my eyes.

"That was the goal actually." He replied laughing.

"So funny. I even forgot laugh." I said rolling my eyes.

"How are you?" He asked sitting on a log that was placed on the ground.

"Great. School has been killing me, though! And you? What have you been up to?" I asked.

"Oh you know! Just counting the hundred dollar bills in my wallet." He said trying to hide a smile.

"Someone woke up feeling like a comedian today!" I said pushing his shoulder.

"Actually, yes." He said. "Uh... I didn't know Kie and JJ were an item." He said visibly confused.

"Wait! What?" I asked looking where he was looking. I saw Kie dancing with her back to JJ while he had his arms around her waist.

"I always thought he had a crush on you to be honest.." Topper said still fixated on them.

I saw that Kie was now facing JJ and he was leaning in for a kiss. I could feel my eyes filling with tears but I pushed them back. The kiss never happened, though, because Kie moved away from him and I could see that they were fighting because of the way Kie was frowning. What is happening?