thirteen

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

I woke up with a hammering headache. I unlocked my phone and once I looked at it, I realized how late it was. I got up and looked at Kie's bed noticing that it was empty.

After a long bath, I went downstairs and my mom asked me to go groceries shopping with her, with nothing else to do and Kie nowhere to be found, I accepted my mother's request.

After my little trip to the market, I got back home noticing JJ's bike parked outside our house.

"And you're ok with her sleeping around with that piece of shit?" I heard JJ's voice saying with an irritated tone.

"I'm not her mother, I already warned her to be cautious around him but I'm not going to forbid her from seeing him." Kie answered. I know I shouldn't but I stayed behind the door listening in on their conversation that I presumed was about me. "Why do you care so much? He hasn't done anything bad to her." I listened as Kie started talking again after a few seconds of silence.

"Well.. Uh.. she's my friend. I'm just worried he will hurt her." He replied hesitantly.

"Don't lie to yourself, buddy." Kie scoffed.

I entered my room pretending to not know about what they were talking about. Did that mean that JJ was jealous? Is he interested in me? Of course not, what am I thinking?!
I greeted both of the people in the room but only Kie replied. JJ ignored me, picked up the t-shirt that he leant me last night and got out of there only saying goodbye to Kie.

"Did he just ignore me?" I asked her.

"I don't even know what's going on in his head." She replied shrugging. "What do you want to do today?"

"I don't know. Let's watch some shitty movie and eat junk food." I replied and she accepted gladly.

Halfway through our movie marathon. My phone began to rang.

"Hey!" I said when I noticed it was Topper who was calling me.

"Hey." His voice was a little low and he didn't seem his usual goofy self.

"Is everything ok?" I questioned, worried about his unusual behavior.

"I need to do something but I can't do it alone and I want you to be there with me. I know that Kelce is supposedly my best friend but he wouldn't understand. Can you please meet me?" He babbled frantically. I was beginning to grow extremely worried. This was really not like the funny guy I've been talking to.

"I will, Topper, but are you ok?" I asked again.

"I will be.. I'll be at your house in 10 minutes." He answered and hung up the phone without letting me answer.

I told Kie about the weird phone call with Topper while I put on a sweatshirt and a pair of denim shorts.
She told me to be careful and I just blew her a kiss once I saw Topper's car parked in front of the house through my window. I quickly went down the flight of stairs and hopped on the car.

"You're worrying me.. are you seriously ok?"  I asked as soon as I was in his car.

"I'm sorry for calling you.. I shouldn't be bothering you, we just met but I don't really have close friends and I-" He started rambling but I cut him off. His nervous behavior was really starting to freak me out.

"I'm your friend and I'm happy that you thought about me and chose me to do this with you." I said with a calming voice to cool him down. He smiled at me and started the car pulling out of the driveway.

"I know this is weird..." he started and I just put my hand on top of his that was on the gearbox. "Do you know what happened last summer?" He questioned. I just nodded. Why does everything that happens here has something to do with last summer? "Do you know who Rafe Cameron is?" After replaying my conversation with the pogues in my head and remembering the names they mentioned, I remembered.

Rafe Cameron, Sarah's brother, coke addict and the guy who killed sheriff Peterkin. I nodded slowly, I knew they used to be friends but I didn't know where their relationship was now. Did they still talk?

"We're going to visit him in the sheriff station. He's being moved to another detention center because of his trial and I need answers." Topper finally admitted and the shock hit me. I let go of his hand and he looked at me with pleading eyes. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have dragged you into this without telling you what my plan was." He said and slowed down the car. "I'll take you home if you want." He pulled up to the side of the road.

"I'm going with you." I affirmed. "It's important to you and we're friends. I was just caught off guard."

We arrived at the police station and Topper seemed to grow increasingly nervous so I held his hand throughout the whole thing. He appeared to be familiar with the place and I knew it was because him, the pogues and everyone involved with last summer's events had to go through continuous hours of interrogation. I was so lost in my thoughts that when I came back to reality, we were standing right in front of a blonde haired guy with extremely blue eyes.

"New chick, Topper? You move on fast." Those were the first words that left that guy's mouth and I couldn't be more disgusted.

"We're friends." Topper responded so low that it almost seemed like a whisper.

"It's so nice of you to finally visit me. It's not like I've been here for 2 months." Rafe said leaning on the table and once he put his arms on it, I saw the handcuffs on his wrists.

"I didn't know what to say.." Topper said looking down. The guy scoffed and leaned back into the chair once again. "Did you want me to come here and tell you how you killed someone and lied to us? Or about the fact that John B and Sarah are missing and presumed dead?" Topper said getting agitated. I put my hand on his shoulder and he seemed to calm down a little.

"Shut up!" Rafe screamed and I saw how Topper tensed up again. Rafe put his head on his hands and shook it laughing. "I had to do it!" He said loudly and then just repeated it to himself in a whisper over and over again.

"No, you didn't! You know that! Not even your family is on your side." Topper said raising his voice at him.

"My family" Rafe scoffed. "My dad is also locked up and Rose and Wheezie are in the fucking Bahamas. They are just pretending like none of this happened but they will have to face reality because the jury is forcing them to come to my trial in 3 weeks. I just want to see their faces while I get sentenced to jail. I bet they'll laugh." Rafe answered seeming lost in his imagination. "And Sarah.. I hope she's dead." Rafe said and laughed.

That enraged Topper and he launched at Rafe but the guards separated the two of them and dragged Rafe out of there but before the door closed behind him he still managed to laugh and repeat "I hope they're dead".

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN Idk how I feel about it... Do you think I'm going too fast with this story? I'm just trying to keep it interesting

 Do you think I'm going too fast with this story? I'm just trying to keep it interesting