sixteen

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

"I don't understand anything. I chose Science but of course the class had to be full and I needed to be put in Geography." I said resting my head on my text books.

I was once again studying at Pope's house and at the same time having a mental breakdown because I couldn't get the exercises right.

"You're definitely better at natural sciences." He replied laughing at my exasperation.

"Well duh! In Portugal, we choose an area that we want to study during highschool and I was studying natural sciences so I don't understand anything about history and geography." I sighed, closing my notebook.

"For someone who has not been studying this, you're doing pretty good." He said patting my back. I smiled up at him. Just like last time, JJ walked in the room after his shift at the boat store. "I'm going to leave you two alone."

I guess my relationship with JJ is complicated. We have kissed a few times after that day on the beach but only when we were alone. Around other people, and even around our friends, we acted like we were only really close friends. His flirtatious personality and teasing attitude did not change towards me, which I was grateful for because those were some of the many things that attracted me.

"What's up?" He asked plopping down on the sofa next to me.

"Just studying. What about you?" I replied smiling at him.

He didn't even answer me, as soon as he was sure that Pope wasn't in the room, he attached his lips to mine. I smiled in the middle of the kiss, making him return the smile.

"That was unexpected." I said giggling.

"You've been spending a lot of time here now. I'm not complaining though." He said putting a mesh of my hair behind my ear.

"I've been having struggling a lot with geography." I sighed.

"Well, let's go out to take your mind off of school." He said getting up.
"Just the two of us?" I asked. It was the first time that we were going to hang out alone.

"Yes. Is there a problem?" He questioned looking confused.

"No, it's perfect." I said smiling at him.

We walked around hand in hand for a while. His hand complimented mine so perfectly that it was hard to think about us not being together as a couple.

"What if we go get some ice cream?" He asked, spinning me around so that I was face to face with him.

"You know how to win a girl's heart." I said giggling.

I wanted this moment to last forever but I knew that we were acting all lovey-dovey now but tomorrow we will act like there's nothing more between than a mere friendship. It was messing with my head and my heart. I wanted to be ok with giving him space but doing back and forth between being friends and being a couple was really hard.

We were enjoying our ice creams in a bench near the beach when Topper passed by with Kelce. He smiled at me so I smiled back, we were good friends so I wasn't going to pretend that I didn't know him.

"You still hang out with Topper?" JJ asked still eating. I could see that he was really bothered about it but was trying to play it off.

"I haven't been with him in like a week and a half but we're friends." I answered shrugging.

"Cool." He said nonchalantly. "Friends usually don't kiss each other." He said acting jealous.

"Is someone jealous?" I questioned. "Just to be clear, that kiss was a mistake and we both agreed that we are just friends." I said grabbing his face that was focused on the ice cream and turning it so that he was looking at me.

"I don't have the right to act like a jealous boyfriend." He said sighing. "Let's pretend this conversation didn't happen. It's getting late, let me take you home."

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN I know this is a short chapter and all but it's just a filler chapter so bare with me